Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday - Your Test Realm Crying Sky Raid First Impressions

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It’s a fantastic Friday and a fiery conclusion to a great Test Realm week. We introduced a new raid, the name and gender change feature, and more, so it’s time for your feedback!

What’s fun about The Crying Sky Raid so far? What are the things that you’d like to see added or improved to the other new features on Test Realm?

Update notes: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/cryingskyraid

Have a fiery Friday folks!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
Oct 16, 2014
Love the raid and its puzzles! The music, voices, dialogue, map design, and visual atmosphere are amazing.

Unicorn needs to have a path B usable for advanced combat this update. I know this is only the first week of Test Realm, so I'm not expecting an immediate addition.

The message you get while in jail implies if you wait long enough, you will be released. If this is not the case the messaged should be changed to not imply so.

Was thinking if Balance had access to a spell like Dragonlance (could call it Balancelance), it would help them quest against Balance bosses as they cannot learn Balancespear.

While archmastery is being pushed, mastery amulets are still better. There are good mastery amulets available for max wizards in pvp, but outside that the best ones are the Darkmoor mastery amulets. Could we get new mastery amulets that would succeed that Darkmoor ones for PvE?
  • Example: As a Death, I need Death school pips for Ship Of Fool and Deer Knight, as well I need to wait an extra round to use Storm Lord if I use archmastery.

Triangle decks are very valuable as they allow you to pain more accuracy, pip chance, or spell cards you could not put in you main deck otherwise. At level 150-160, decks are given archmastery stats but the ones with a Triangle socket are locked behind raids and a pack (haven't seen any leaks of new decks in the Sky raid). Please give a more accessible deck with archmastery, even if the drop rate is trash or the craft materials are horrid.

I don't mind if Monk of Mourning is a carbon copy of Headless Horseman, but if it is going to be changed could one of them have a utility that advances Ice-Death synergy (no focus on Death-Ice). There is very little support for Ice dual schooling Death via hit & effect, and I think this brings a great opportunity to add another.

Please add Elemental/Spiritual Weakness into the game. Using Threefold Fever once is not pressurizing or defending against non-healers, which is almost the equivalent of passing. The pip cost should be 1-Pip so it does not interfere with the weakness gambits' pip cost.

Thanks for reading!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
You should add the name Addison, that's my only complaint LOL (please guys ill love u forever)

Survivor
Aug 02, 2014
I can definitely say that this is one of the best Summer updates in a while! The raid is a great challenge, and while I definitely think the rewards could use some work, I'll have to wait until a team achieves the first Raid completion before I can submit the most accurate feedback.

However, a few of the Dyvim spells could use some work. Namely, Storm (Revolutionary Strike) and Life (Burrowing Bane). Both of these spells are very niche in their uses.

Storm's Revolutionary Strike spell has a very unique but quite useless utility. Although it extends a heal-overtime by two rounds, it ends up inferior to Beary Surprise, which, at a cost of one more pip and requiring significantly less setup, heals for more than a Revolutionary Strike will most of the time.

Life's Burrowing Bane falls out of favor due to its nature as a 5-round damage overtime. Although protected, its nature (pun intended ) as an overtime on a class with very low pierce and damage results in minimal damage through resist and flat resist, so it really is not worthwhile to use.

I really hope that the utilities on these spells can be changed to something perhaps more useful. I personally love the animation, and am excited for all the other spells, but it's disappointing that 2 spells I will likely obtain, while seeking out the others, have minimal use.

Suggestions:
What would be feedback without proper suggestions to improve these spells? I have several ideas that could shape up to be better than what we currently have.

- Revolutionary Strike could be changed to "steal" a Heal Overtime effect from the enemy instead! This would comply to Rhoshambo and parallel other lore spells such as Camp Bandit's push dot, Angry Snowpig's push weakness, Nautilus's push trap, or Splashsquatch's steal ward. This would certainly be a more useful effect than the extend HoT, which is inferior to spells that apply a HoT to begin with. Especially considering recent changes to heal overtimes to remove/add protections, it would be a great addition to Storm's heal counter repertoire!

- Burrowing Bane could be changed to deal normal damage and apply a large healblade on self! This would not only provide more utility than a protected Damage Overtime that the spell currently is, but it would prove to be much more useful. It could even be used on other healing schools to boost their own healing! This would be much more versatile and universally usable than a DoT that Life is likely to receive anyways from Arc 2 spellement implementation.

This is a fairly long feedback post, but I definitely hope you can consider these changes! I'd love to be able to viably use all 7 of the new Dyvim spells once Test Realm hits Live.

Have a great weekend, and I'm excited for Test Realm reopening on Monday potentially with some new changes!

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
I would enjoy seeing a few more names added to the name list. For example, the name "Xander" would make for a great addition to the list of male names. The ability to rename my wizards is greatly appreciated as I named most of them when I was much younger. Thank you so much for adding it to the game!

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
How about the ability to change your name/gender more than once? Why limit it if people are willing to pay crowns for it? Also, more name choices and pet name choices please!

Survivor
Jan 18, 2014
Please please please add these as first names for girls!

Mimi
Belle
Maelee
Emilia
Lily
Mei
Miki

I would be so so happy -w-

Survivor
Nov 13, 2011
I think the test realm was awesome, loving some of the new features especially the new challenge modes. One thing I would absolutely LOVE, and have been wanting for years is for you guys to add the name ‘Hamish’ as a character rename option (First name) Thanks guys

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Pretty please add the name Tina!! I need the name Tina! Love you all

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I'm having trouble understanding why "advanced combat" implements restrictions on what spells players can use. Have we really gotten to the point where, instead of designing interesting fights that promote unique approaches, the "novel ideas" are to take some of those unique approaches away? This seems counterintuitive to a game that promotes said unique approaches to your character.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
For me, this update has been one of the best in a while! Kudos to the team for implementing name and gender changes for our wizards in an easy way. I think it adds a nice feature not only intended for those who may have chosen a silly name or the wrong name, but for those who want to refresh their existing wizards for a new playing experience.

Additional names?
Like others have mentioned in the thread before me, I'm hopeful that additional names might make the cut prior to Live Realm. I'm fond of the names “Dax” (boy and girl), “Olympia” (girl), “Petra” (girl), and “Pierce” (boy). I know many players, myself included, would rather have a text box to type potential names that could then be run through a profanity filter/AI, allowing many combinations and unique variations (ex, I'm partial to the name “Parthenia” as well, but there's not a huge demand for it); but, I don't know how feasible that would be.

Less gender-specific naming restrictions?
I also feel that more of the current names could be implemented for both in-game genders, as there is some degree of crossover between names intended for boys and girls (e.g., “Sasha” is a boy-only name but many girls are called this; and, “Rylee” is girls-only but used by many boys). Again, I'm not sure how feasible it would be to enact this change and combine the lists, but if possible it would add enriched value by not rigidly enforcing a naming system based on binary gender.

Why only one chance to change?
Overall, the only disappointment for me is the limitation of either one name change or one gender/name change per character. There are so many new names that it's difficult to know which you truly want when selecting, especially for people like me who need to visualize the name to confirm their liking of it; i.e., I want to be able to run around with it, see it on the character selection screen, etc. before I'm sure that that's the name I want for my wizard. It was disheartening and almost seemed to defeat the point of allowing name changes when I went into Test Realm and changed my characters' names to what I thought I would like, merely to end up stuck with names I preferred much less than others or even the original. Is there a way this change could be expanded to two or three times per wizard? That way, if I wanted to undo the change partially (just select a new name) or undo it entirely (change gender and name), it would be possible. Many games have no limitation on this; however, I do understand that a limitation lends the change some weight as a serious, consequential decision. Still, perhaps this may be yet achieved while allowing for a second/third chance of success—by giving some grace to the player-base, many of whom are younger teens and children who may simply make a mistake. The Friends List could still show the original name as having been changed to avoid confusion, or maybe there could be a small change-history log/dialogue box. Understandably, this isn't like adopting a stitch for your character, but similar in principle to collecting the pieces thinking you'll like the end result and you don't, and with this limitation as-is, you'd be stuck with it...

Thank you for allowing us a venue to provide feedback, and if you've read this far, thank you for considering my thoughts.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2014
Loved the updates overall, my favorite is the name changes for sure lol - one thing that seems pretty off is the removal of AoE spells from the raid. I get the need or want to remove them from actual PVP but to remove them from Raids because they are no longer pvp usable is weird and feels off, especially for a raid like voracious void raid which seems to have been created with AoE in mind.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
Love the theme of the new raid, I like the Azteca apocalypse idea.
New BM forms are fun.
And buffs to older ones are good, although would be nice if more readjustments happened sometime.
Love the name change/gender change.
Can we please get Alice as a name option?