Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possible way to combat bots at bazaar

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 13, 2008
So i've had the idea now for a while and unsure if its something thats been mentioned or not but ive noticed quite a few bots at the bazaar buying up all the reagents before even having a chance to buy them myself. Ive tried having my friend sell his reagents also with no luck as they are bought out instantly.

Few things i thought might be of use, One would be having a bazaar at a higher level world with no link to the one in the ravenwood shopping district... That way bots would be less likely to appear in those worlds and give others a chance to actually acquire reagents that they need... Another thing i was debating was possibly being able to trade reagents since the only thing tradable in the game currently is TC.

I feel the bots are only progressing further and further in the bazaar and making it extremely difficult to even get TC from there... Not sure if this will even go anywhere but felt id express my thought on it.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2017
Yes, zero reagents in bazaar is newer thing,I have Never seen in my 11 yrs of playing, very disturbing indeed. Feels like twilight zone when it happens.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Sometimes this is not bots. Sometimes it is higher level characters buying reagents because they're about to hit the gold level limit. In that case, you have to do something with your gold if you don't want to lose it - and creating a pet isn't for everyone, hence the reagent buying (although that does drain at least 100k if you do it with the pet kiosk); and you can't buy treasure cards after a certain point, because eventually you're going to hit the card limit.

That being said, having a second bazaar in a higher level world (I'm thinking maybe Empyrea as this is usually the time this problem hits for my characters) is a good idea.

Raising the gold level limit would also be a good way to deal with this problem.

Or you could have us gain the ability to invest our gold in shops or something for a benefit (like a small 1 percent discount or something).

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
Implement a per-hour cap on reagents. You can only buy X reagents within a 60 minute window before it locks you from being able to purchase. The rarer the reagent, the less you can buy. The downside is this would only stagger bots, but may allow a better window for players.

Alternatively, as FFXIV does it, you could have per-realm Bazaar stores. I think this would be awesome because you'd be able to have on realm be better focused on one type of item (and possibly do perks for shopping there!) and it would stagger the bot usage because there's many realms to cover.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
Being one of those bots that buys reagents when my gold is going over limit. I would like to suggest there be an item I could buy and hold its value when I sell it. Like the Big gold Pile sold by Guillermel in Mirage for 475,000 gold, Problem is it sells for 23,750 to much of a loss. Small Gold pile can be purchased for 237,500 and the Nice gold pile for 356,250. But again they are to much of a loss. If the Gold Piles held the value I purchase them for, I would gladly get them and store them in my house when I need gold.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Catherine Wilddrea... on Sep 28, 2023 wrote:
Being one of those bots that buys reagents when my gold is going over limit. I would like to suggest there be an item I could buy and hold its value when I sell it. Like the Big gold Pile sold by Guillermel in Mirage for 475,000 gold, Problem is it sells for 23,750 to much of a loss. Small Gold pile can be purchased for 237,500 and the Nice gold pile for 356,250. But again they are to much of a loss. If the Gold Piles held the value I purchase them for, I would gladly get them and store them in my house when I need gold.
Buying reagents when your gold goes over the limit doesn't make you a bot. There are people that run actual computer programs to buy reagents in the Bazaar automatically.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Halimeda on Sep 20, 2023 wrote:
Sometimes this is not bots. Sometimes it is higher level characters buying reagents because they're about to hit the gold level limit. In that case, you have to do something with your gold if you don't want to lose it - and creating a pet isn't for everyone, hence the reagent buying (although that does drain at least 100k if you do it with the pet kiosk); and you can't buy treasure cards after a certain point, because eventually you're going to hit the card limit.

That being said, having a second bazaar in a higher level world (I'm thinking maybe Empyrea as this is usually the time this problem hits for my characters) is a good idea.

Raising the gold level limit would also be a good way to deal with this problem.

Or you could have us gain the ability to invest our gold in shops or something for a benefit (like a small 1 percent discount or something).

If there is going to be a Bazaar somewhere else, I think the Arcanum would probably be the most logical place to have it. It would be very convenient and accessible to have it there.

Defender
May 27, 2013
Fable Finder on Oct 8, 2023 wrote:
Buying reagents when your gold goes over the limit doesn't make you a bot. There are people that run actual computer programs to buy reagents in the Bazaar automatically.
actual computer programs to buy reagents....

That sounds very bot-ish to me. What is a bot, if not a computer program to do something automatically in a game?

If I'm wrong, please, someone correct me. I would truly like to know what this is and is not!

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
I hope they can find a solution to the bot problem in the bazaar. it effects more than reagents and TC but housing items and snacks too.