Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questions About Previous Update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
I'm almost 23 now, and I've been playing since I was 9. Wizard101 was pretty much my first real video game and therefore I didn't really understand game mechanics or anything; I just loved that I could design an entire character and make up stories for them. I picked the name "Kevin BattleBreeze" for a life wizard because it was randomized, and I didn't expect that character to be my main wizard for the last 15 years! We've certainly been through a lot of expansions, but I always wished I used a different name; and now I have the opportunity to change it. The problem is that now I'm having name anxiety about what to pick, and I've narrowed down the last name to EarthWeaver, and the first name would probably be Valerian. When the new names were announced with the update, I was hoping to see "Tobias" on the list, so that it could match my Pirate101 character, but that name didn't make the cut. Essentially, since I only get one shot at this, my question is whether or not even more new names will be added in the future, because what if I pick a name now and a better one is added? and IF more names are added in the future, would everybody get an extra chance to change their name again? It's been bothering me for months now, I've tweeted, I've emailed, and I haven't gotten any response from anybody, so I'm posting here in hopes that somebody from the game would share some answers.

Thanks!

Administrator
japan1130 on Oct 20, 2023 wrote:
I'm almost 23 now, and I've been playing since I was 9. Wizard101 was pretty much my first real video game and therefore I didn't really understand game mechanics or anything; I just loved that I could design an entire character and make up stories for them. I picked the name "Kevin BattleBreeze" for a life wizard because it was randomized, and I didn't expect that character to be my main wizard for the last 15 years! We've certainly been through a lot of expansions, but I always wished I used a different name; and now I have the opportunity to change it. The problem is that now I'm having name anxiety about what to pick, and I've narrowed down the last name to EarthWeaver, and the first name would probably be Valerian. When the new names were announced with the update, I was hoping to see "Tobias" on the list, so that it could match my Pirate101 character, but that name didn't make the cut. Essentially, since I only get one shot at this, my question is whether or not even more new names will be added in the future, because what if I pick a name now and a better one is added? and IF more names are added in the future, would everybody get an extra chance to change their name again? It's been bothering me for months now, I've tweeted, I've emailed, and I haven't gotten any response from anybody, so I'm posting here in hopes that somebody from the game would share some answers.

Thanks!
Hi japan1130,

EarthWeaver is a great name!

While it's possible that more names will be added in the future, there are so many great ones now, I'm sure you'll be fine on selecting a fitting one for you now.

It's also possible we'd give folks another chance at picking a name again, but at the moment at least that's not established.