Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too much of a good thing

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 27, 2013
The Daily Assignment Rewards are overrun with Golden Keys. Four out of six of the Birthday chests I earned were golden keys and it looks like it will be the same ratio for Halloween. I realize that the keys are important to some players, but I am missing the randomness of the chests. Yes, I know, some of the stuff was repetitive fluff, but there was enough variety to keep it interesting.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
I agree. KI, many of us who do daily quests look forward to the special holiday drops. By making dailies into a key distribution system, we have lost 1/3 of those drops. These are drops we can only get once per year, and we used to have (assuming doing the event every single day on all 6 wizards) 36 chances to win something we want. Now we have only 24. That may sound like a lot but since there is a lot of junk in the chests, it literally can take years to get an item we want. There are holiday items I still do not have, despite having farmed these chests for many years now. Now it takes even more years. Why can't the keys be an extra drop on the last chest? Why was the drop taken away from collectors and decorators seeking items that sometimes are unobtainable any other way? It is not our fault KI changed how gold keys are obtained but we lost out on something we enjoy because of it.

Also, if the last chest is always a gold key (which it is), then let's be honest about it and not promise players a holiday drop when it's really only a gold key. :(

Something that requires running all over the spiral and playing tedious minion fights every day should be more than a small chance at a nice item. When I do that and am "rewarded" with a vendor item I could have easily bought, or things that drop all over the place (temp mounts? common seeds? bad gems?), it's not exactly fun. Can we upgrade the drop tables to remove items that are easily obtained in other ways? And put actual holiday items, not random stuff or gold keys, in the holiday-marked chests?

Defender
May 27, 2013
We used to get Arena tickets, but that was replaced by gold. Why not use those slots for keys, instead? The last key could be gold and the others could be randomized or level appropriate.