Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

name change option more than once

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I wish you could do more than a one time name change. I changed mine and wish I picked something else. Being maxed I do not want to start over just for a name change. Other games have this option all the time. Maybe we could have it once every six months or once a year? One game I played it was 30 days and 20$ to change your name. I bit costly, but the way I feel now having that option always there makes it worth it imo.
Thanks for listening.

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
mittensk on Sep 25, 2023 wrote:
I wish you could do more than a one time name change. I changed mine and wish I picked something else. Being maxed I do not want to start over just for a name change. Other games have this option all the time. Maybe we could have it once every six months or once a year? One game I played it was 30 days and 20$ to change your name. I bit costly, but the way I feel now having that option always there makes it worth it imo.
Thanks for listening.
Interesting suggestion. We have a reason as to why it's once per character. As of now that won't change, but it's something we are always considering when it'll be possible to do it again! So have no fear!

Survivor
Aug 06, 2020
Would definitely appreciate this change. I understand that it may be confusing in the friends list if your name is changing all the time, but I would definitely appreciate the ability to change names without worrying about picking a "bad" one, as there are definitely ways around the confusion.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Kyle IceWielder on Sep 26, 2023 wrote:
Interesting suggestion. We have a reason as to why it's once per character. As of now that won't change, but it's something we are always considering when it'll be possible to do it again! So have no fear!
There could be an option to change a character's name once per year, and each time you do it, the crown price is higher.

Also, the icon that shows us a wizard's former name could change into a button that would show us a player's entire name history.

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
Yes changing your name is super personal and you want to get it correct. I want to change a few names but with being so final of only one change I'm holding back. It would be nice if there was a way to view all of the names without paying. I don't want to pay 100 crowns and then can't decide, rushing to a poor decision because I have to log off. Then I'm stuck with it.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
I forget who mentioned it, but I think it would be a good idea to re-add an option for everyone to change their names again when KI ends up adding new names to the list (though that may take a while, so I like Fable Finder's idea of doing it once per year).

Survivor
Jan 31, 2013
Kyle IceWielder on Sep 26, 2023 wrote:
could a “revert” option be explored? for the same price and same rules apply - meaning we don’t necessarily get the second chance change but if we totally couldn’t stand what we picked, could we at least have that undo?