Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon Character post: Balance Rat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Hello, I have decided to make a post about every single individual beastmoon form. This is my first. It’s on Balance Rat. For other form analysis in the future please click my name and view my posts.

This post will cover:
All spells
Is the form good or bad and why
If it’s bad, or too good, what should be changed
A numeral ranking in comparison to other forms

Balance Rat is a small health form that has a gimmick of playing around with negative charms and positive charms. He has 375 health, and can start with 2 additional pips. He has a very similar kit to Balance Wolf where his pip ups and small damage spells and pip ups have effects when charms are in play. That’s where the similarities end, and that’s where the form also falls down the drain in terms of good utility.

Quick Icon guide:
[ ] = protected
DOT(s) = Damage over time(s)
AOE= Attacks all enemies
- or + = negative or positive (referring to charms for this post)

Balance Rat has the following spells:
Wounding Strike: 2 pips, 150 damage and -50 heal charm on target
Sleight of Hand: 1 pip, swap charms, and plus 1 pip on target
Scorpion Venom: 0 pip, 50 damage and stun if target has a - or + charm
Heist Prep: 3 pip, +3 pip and clear - or + charm for aura that gives you +1 pip for every 2+ pip spell that is cast on target
Lie in Wait: 3 pip cost, +1 pip for every spell that’s 1 pip or higher cast on target
Turn The Tables: 1 pip, [-100] charm on target, and +50 charm on self
Blind Strike: 4 pip, +100 charm on team, and [-100] charm on enemies.
Crippling Blow: 2 pip, 150 and -100 charm if either team has a minion.
Spider Sovereign: 6 pip, 225 damage AOE

This is the second worst scroll form in the game and the second worst low health form in the game. He has tank class damage, and poor values on his support. The only reason I can guess why he has such terribly low values is the fact they gave him a tiny stun card that’s an easy 0 pip conditional. Have you not learned from Storm Wolf? Please stop adding stuns to a game, conditional or not.

To list the examples of other classes having better spell values.
Turn the Tables is weaker than Balance Krok’s Tip the scales by 25 in value.
Blind Strike is weaker in value than most aoe cards in the game, and weaker than other support cards that other forms have.
Every other low health class with fixed damage instead of DOTs has more damage, even life forms that have been notoriously bad ever since the beginning when Life Draconian was nerfed.

This is the 4th worst form in all of beastmoon, making it ranked 33/36 so far.

Here’s how I’d suggest to make him better:
Wounding Strike: 175 damage, -150 heal charm
Turn the Tables: 1 pip, [-125] charm on opponent and [+75] charm on self
Sleight of Hand: 0 pip, swap charms (positive only), and +1 pip on target
Scorpion Venom: 1 pip 125 and +1 pip if opponent has a - or + charm
Crippling Blow: 2 pip, 200 Damage and -100 charm if opponent has - or + charm
Blind Strike: [+150] charm on team and [-125] charm on opponent
Fair Trade: 0 pip, 75 damage and then swap charms
Heist Prep: 2 pip, +2 pips and clear - or + charm for aura +1 pip for every spell ranked 1 or higher
Lie in Wait: 1 pip, +1 pip aura for every incoming spell ranked 1 or higher
Spider Sovereign: 4 pip, 225 damage AOE

This change would remove a potentially really unhealthy mechanic off of this form to prevent abuse and then allow for all of its spells to have higher values so the form can just perform in general better. This form has a great design, just some spell choices that aren’t great on top of really low values. With this glow up I could see him doing well but at least giving him value buffs if you see this.

Life Elf is next.