Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing abilities and more options

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2012
First i have to say that the new fishing feature to the game is a lot of fun. However, i have run into some issues as i have leveled up.
The fishing basket fills up too quickly and having to sell the fish to make more room is a problem because some fish are requuierd for crafting.
I would like to see fish be handled like reagents, in that they can be stored in your bank or stacked in you spell book.
Also, having the ability to feed fish to your pet, just like you can with equiptment, would be great.
And the last thing would be to have a separate fishing energy bubble because fishing, gardening and training pets, at the same time, is almost impossible.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
sibernea on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:
First i have to say that the new fishing feature to the game is a lot of fun. However, i have run into some issues as i have leveled up.
The fishing basket fills up too quickly and having to sell the fish to make more room is a problem because some fish are requuierd for crafting.
I would like to see fish be handled like reagents, in that they can be stored in your bank or stacked in you spell book.
Also, having the ability to feed fish to your pet, just like you can with equiptment, would be great.
And the last thing would be to have a separate fishing energy bubble because fishing, gardening and training pets, at the same time, is almost impossible.
I like your ideas. I've thought for a while it would be nice to be able to feed fish to your pets. It's a bit bothersome that there is only one character in Wizard City and two in Grizzelheim that buy fish, but none in any of the other worlds. I'm sure that will change too, but for now that's all we've got.

It's also kind of a pain when you don't feel like selling them and you decide to trash them instead. It always reverts to selecting the fish at the top of the page instead of staying in the same position like it does for pretty much every other similar function. I accidentally threw away a fish I wanted to keep because of that.

I think everyone would love different energy globes for the different activities, but that is KI's strategy for generating revenue. If people use their energy but what to keep doing things that require it, the hope is they'll use Crowns to buy the energy elixirs. I have no idea if this plan is working or not, but I'm thinking it must be otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it.

But I would love to see the storage capacity for fish increased. Instead of max of 999 like you can have with reagents, maybe we could have a max of 20 per species, or something along those lines. Or a max of 500 fish in total, like treasure cards. Keeping them in the bank would be nice too, but eventually that will stack up as well if the limits aren't increased. We're already at 67 species of fish right now. The next update will put us at over 100 I'm sure. Whether it's your backpack, your bank, or even in aquariums in your castle, anybody who wants to keep only one of every species is going to run out of room.