Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can't seem to catch these fish can anyone help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
I have 6 wizards I have fished with each one and have not been able to catch these 6 fish musushi, blackberry jellyfish,polarbear acuda, silver streak, bubba, goldfinger, i have used potions and reset ponds to no avail i believe the fish are not there when resitting the ponds the type of fish is not there. sydney can anyone help me

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
All of the fish you named are extremely rare. I have one wizard (my fish collector) that still has yet to catch all of those fish with the exception of the Polar Bearacuda. I've emptied my energy bottle more times than I can remember trying for the others. Long story short - don't feel like the Lone Ranger. There are, I'm sure, many others that are in the same (fishing) boat.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Goldfin-ger - if you're fishing in the correct pond (the one to the left, not the one with Moodha), look for a really fast Fire fish. If you don't see one that's extremely fast, reset and reveal again. Repeat as necessary. One wizard got it the first time it ever fished there, others I had to do this over and over again for days (I didn't buy energy elixirs).

Silver Streak - same as above, except a little more obvious (when it's there). It's ONLY in the first fishing hole you come to in the Emperor's Retreat, and it will be the ONLY Ice fish that ever appears there (and it's super fast!). Same thing, repeat until it shows up. This one is a little more annoying being in a dungeon because you have to keep going through those first two fights to get in if you don't get it before you run out of energy, and if you don't buy elixirs.

Polar Bearacuda - It's in the first hole, with the waterfall, when you first enter Vigrid Roughland. Again, it will be the ONLY Ice fish in that hole when it's there.

Bubba Fish - I've only ever seen it in the bottom fishing hole in Shoshun Village. Again, only Balance fish so when it's there, it's easy to spot.

Blackberry Jellyfish - It's been a while since I've caught any fish so I don't remember if there are any other Ice fish in the Shirataki Temple. If there are, the thing to remember about pretty much all Jellyfish is that they're extremely slow... so slow that it almost looks like they aren't even moving.

Musushi - I believe there are other Storm fish in the Crimson Fields, one of which is the Origami Fish if I remember correctly. Musushi is slightly faster than the Origami Fish. Any slow Storm fish you see, just ignore.

All 12 of my wizards have caught all 79 fish that have been released to date. Some days were frustrating, but I got them all.