Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Aphrodite

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 29, 2012
(my favorite Goddess by the way) the time is 402 pacific. for the second time today, this boss has made me fight a second time in order to get rewards. U. g. h. Plz help. Much
Iridian Light Singer

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Also have noticed that if the life tendril isn't present, no treasure chest appears after the battle. Reported as a bug, don't know if this is the "boss" or not but it is very frustrating.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
different threads are opened for this boss bugs,
I guess this one should be the main one with its generic title
I'll try to describe the best I can, the bugs I saw to help fixing them
and provide temporary solutions I've found for unlucky wizards who get these bugs

I've done this fight many times already on Live Realm with several wizards from 3 different accounts so I probably saw almost all we can expect from this new boss

1/ the chest doesn't appear
this is the more upsetting bug, it happens when your wizard is disconnected during the fight, even for a few seconds
if you continue the fight to its end, the chest doesn't appear for your wizard and/or the "x" button doesn't work
whatever you do once the fight is over (mark, port back, use Dungeon Recall...) you won't get the chest items

solution :
- stay alert during the fight to notice when you're disconnected
- if it happens, flee when you can and go back in fight
if you marked there before the fight you can port back in or simply use Dungeon Recall
- then you can finish the fight and get the chest like anyone else in your team
- do this again if you're disconnected again

downside : fleeing because of that may be tricky
if you're the hitter ready to finish the fight, if you're the healer and your team is in trouble or if your team isn't kind enough to wait for you, that's sometimes like starting for scratch, sigh

...other bugs in next post (I don't have enough room in one, eh, eh)

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
2/ no chest, the Tendrils respawn
very upsetting too, this bug seems to happen if no Life Tendril was in the fight (only Death and/or Myth Tendrils)
no one gets the chest at the end of the fight, 4 new Tendrils respawn

solution :
- you can fight them again and finally get the chest at the end IF there is a Life Tendril among them
otherwise, still no chest, they respawn again and you're up for another try! yeah, not funny at all
- or if you have some spare Golden Skeleton Keys, don't bother starting the fight, reset the dungeon, use another key and pray to get some Life Tendril next time, good luck!

3/ blades stop turning
no a big bug but still, it might be confusing and prevent us from seeing properly what kinf of blades, weaknesses, etc, we have on us
it happens after the natural attack of the Tendrils that casts a Dispel on the target
the target blades stop turning around after this

solution :
- do an action related to your blades : remove the Dispel, cast another blade, etc
all will turn around you again

4/ delay when a Tendril is gone
not dangerous but very scary because we can think we're disconnected
it happens when at least one Tendril is killed, there is a long pause at the end of the round (like an animation missing maybe?)

solution :
don't worry on this one, just wait, eh, eh

I hope I could help

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
That fight has several known bugs which will be fixed in a few days. I'd relax and wait to do heavy farming until the "mini-update to the update". Devs are hard at working getting this stuff sorted.