Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre Quest Arrow bug

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
ok, so here's the problem.

1) My active quest is "Explore Pyramid of Storm Eye in Saltmeadow Swamp".
2) I'm sitting at the door of Plaza of Conquests/Athenium (on the Plaza Side, door at my back)
3) My quest arrow shows 1616 steps to saltmeadow swamp (which would most likely take me thru the Necropolis)
4) if I backup thru the door and go back to the athenium, facing the spiral door, I show 820 steps to Saltmeadow swamp

Shouldn't the quest arrow show the SHORTEST route? if that's the case, it should go thru the door back to the Athenium, to the spiral door. Going thru the Athenium, to the necropolis and to the spiral door is TWICE as long.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
dayerider on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
ok, so here's the problem.

1) My active quest is "Explore Pyramid of Storm Eye in Saltmeadow Swamp".
2) I'm sitting at the door of Plaza of Conquests/Athenium (on the Plaza Side, door at my back)
3) My quest arrow shows 1616 steps to saltmeadow swamp (which would most likely take me thru the Necropolis)
4) if I backup thru the door and go back to the athenium, facing the spiral door, I show 820 steps to Saltmeadow swamp

Shouldn't the quest arrow show the SHORTEST route? if that's the case, it should go thru the door back to the Athenium, to the spiral door. Going thru the Athenium, to the necropolis and to the spiral door is TWICE as long.
I am totally confused. Saltmeadow Swamp is in Azteca. Why are you in Dragonspyre?

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
You have it active on a quest from another world, to change quests open up your quests log (One way is to press Q) then select the quest you are trying to complete. The arrow will change direction and lead you the right way.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
The point is that the quest arrow is not acting properly. If you're on ONE side of a door, it says the total number of footsteps is twice as long as being on the other side of the same door.

Let's try it this way:

Quest im on (1616 steps) <-- Plaza of Conquests/Athenium door on the Plaza side | Plaza of Conquests/Athenium door on the Athenium side --> Quest I'm on (820 steps)

The ONLY difference in how many steps is which side of the door I'm on. When you're on the Plaza side, it tells you to go all through the Plaza, to the Necropolis, thru the spiral door. When you're on the Athenium side of the door, it tells you to go to the Necropolis and through the door.

You guys try it. Pick a quest on another world and hop back and forth thru the door I'm talking about and see for yourself where the bug is.

The reason Im in dragonspyre is to farm Loremaster, but that doesn't matter for the reporting of the bug.