Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drain spells and pet may cast talent

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
I have noticed that drain spells like wraith or scarecrow never once trigger the pet may cast talent like deathblade. However, normal spells like skeletal pirate or a wand attack, or even if you hit yourself with something like dark pact, it will trigger it fairly often. So, I'm thinking that it's a bug where the talent doesn't recognize drain spells as attacks.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Happy Fun Ball on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
I have noticed that drain spells like wraith or scarecrow never once trigger the pet may cast talent like deathblade. However, normal spells like skeletal pirate or a wand attack, or even if you hit yourself with something like dark pact, it will trigger it fairly often. So, I'm thinking that it's a bug where the talent doesn't recognize drain spells as attacks.
well, I can see that happening, because if you'll notice, Life Sap spells totally bypass the life spell Spirit Armor (and I believe Ice Armor and Frozen Armor as well, though I've never seen it before. PvE monsters dont ever seem to use it). I did notice that Dark pact triggers maycast a lot, and will trigger Death Shield, Death blade, or both.

I agree that ALL spells should be able to trigger the maycast talents