Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Entering Dungeons Bug

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Sometimes when I enter a dungeon with others it fails to bring the group into the same instance together. We all sit on the sigels, wait for the count down and then some end up entering alone. This periodically happens with myself and other experienced players. Sometimes entering a certain dungeon it will happen repeatedly, several tries are required to bring in the full team.

This has happened to me at several significant dungeons including:
- tower of helephant
- mirror lake
- sunken city

This is a pretty bad bug. Not cool at all. It is frustrating and confusing when you are trying to assemble a team and people get split up. When its strangers, especially menu chat people, it gets people quite upset. People don't understand whats going on, they get lost, and they assume people bailed on them.

This just happened to me trying to help a menu chat stranger entering Sunken City. I lost him, can no longer find him. Oh well. He probably thinks I am a goof because he thinks I bailed on him.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
RottenHeart on Feb 18, 2013 wrote:
Sometimes when I enter a dungeon with others it fails to bring the group into the same instance together. We all sit on the sigels, wait for the count down and then some end up entering alone. This periodically happens with myself and other experienced players. Sometimes entering a certain dungeon it will happen repeatedly, several tries are required to bring in the full team.

This has happened to me at several significant dungeons including:
- tower of helephant
- mirror lake
- sunken city

This is a pretty bad bug. Not cool at all. It is frustrating and confusing when you are trying to assemble a team and people get split up. When its strangers, especially menu chat people, it gets people quite upset. People don't understand whats going on, they get lost, and they assume people bailed on them.

This just happened to me trying to help a menu chat stranger entering Sunken City. I lost him, can no longer find him. Oh well. He probably thinks I am a goof because he thinks I bailed on him.
I also have had this happen. The only way I can explain it is one of you has already entered the instance making it active for you up to 30 mins.

It works to your advantage if you are already working on the instance and need to reenter. It does not if you have tried to complete the instance and need help, in order to clear the instance sooner you must sign off and back on to wizards and even that has had mixed results for me.

Most instances you can port into the person when this happens but a few you can not. Sunken City you can port into so it's key to friend up before entering this one.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Have one member of the group friend all the rest. Then that one should switch to a perfect realm, and then the others port to him/her. Then start the dungeon. This works almost always. Be careful though! If you were already in the dungeon, this will almost always reset it, too.