Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzles at 106% accuracy

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I have seen this happen in PVP multiple times now. A player equips accuracy gear that boosts accuracy on hit spells to levels over 100%. Fizzling is theoretically impossible at this point. But they still fizzle. I have seen it happen on death and on balance spells. I just saw it happen again to a balance who had 106% balance school accuracy.
No, there was not any accuracy-reducing charm present. No, I am not misreading the players' stats. No, they are not using spells that have very low accuracy (e.g., supernova). I am saying that the numbers are clearly wrong if fizzles can still happen, and/or that the system is flawed if 100% does not actually mean 100%.

Fix this. There should not be fizzles, and it suggests that there are secret programming rules in place that are making it happen.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I have a life wizard. She fizzles a bunch of times in a row, on 90% spells. My question is 90% of what? Especially when this happens!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
This has been addressed multiple times there is always a chance to fizzle. Nothing is absolute.

I know it says 100+% but its merely thought of as 99.9% to the game algorythm.

Ive tried to explain this before and its tricky. Same as if you would have a -100% on your accuracy every so often the spell would cast because you cannot go below 0.1% or above 99.9%. It is just how the game is set up.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
If the game is set up so that you can't get higher than 99.9% accuracy, this needs to be explained explicitly in the game. People shouldn't have to search a message board to learn about it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
grahambhg on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:
I have a life wizard. She fizzles a bunch of times in a row, on 90% spells. My question is 90% of what? Especially when this happens!
Each spell, each time it is cast, has the chance to fizzle. Life has a 10% chance of fizzle each time you cast. It's normal, but yes, frustrating.