Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

forbidden words?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
Could anyone explain why the words grapes and grapefruit dont show in open chat?

Yesterday we were talking about dinner with a group of open chat players, and were quite surprised that "grape" was coming out red, grapes, although white, didnt show and grapefruit was a red one as well..

At the same time, i hear there is a new plant, grapes of wrath (or something like that), and I guess people would talk about it.. So what the deal with these words?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
elvinlith wrote:
Could anyone explain why the words grapes and grapefruit dont show in open chat?

Because when you remove the g from the front and the s or fruit from the end, you have something KI doesn't want you to say

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
elvinlith wrote:

Yesterday we were talking about dinner with a group of open chat players, and were quite surprised that "grape" was coming out red, grapes, although white, didnt show and grapefruit was a red one as well..

At the same time, i hear there is a new plant, grapes of wrath (or something like that), and I guess people would talk about it.. So what the deal with these words?

Take off the g in grape and what do you get????? A word that KI doesn't want being used in their game. Although a serious subject, if allowed, I can only imagine the derogatory comments it would be used with.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Part of the those words can be used in a most inappropriate way. They can be used to go around the filter to say it. I reported some male wizards for saying they were going to do it female wizards. I think they may have used the real word.

I guess we just have to say, "I am raising Wrath plants." and hope people get what we are saying.

Megan

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The profanity filters deal with text strings, so that people can't bury profanity within text. For example, if "table" was profanity, the filter would recognize "table", "tablelg", xehfehtablehxghe", etc. It would also recognize "stable" as profanity, since it includes "table", unless the filter made a specific exception to allow "stable".

The problem with the words "grape", "grapefruit" and "grapes", is that they all contain a four-letter word that KingsIsle doesn't want said in the game.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
You may find some very intresting words that are made completely red. They do that because of a certain word that it might contain that KI does not want on there game for the little youngsters who play. This would be very serious and might even result in a lawsuit for KI. They only make words red for the safety of the youngsters and other people. Cildren ARE our future, right? XD