Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frozen in verifying character screen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
I noticed other posts about this from like 2 years ago, where it appeared to be a moderately common thing. My problem occurs when I get to the screen with all of my characters, I select the character I normally play as, and press "play". Then the screen gets stuck, saying "verifying character". The wizard101 wand cursor also changes to my normal white cursor only when I hover over the body of the character. Nothing happens and I end up having to force exit via the task manager. A very cryptic windows error message also appears after I force exit. Frustrated I tried playing with my other characters, having no success with the exception of one, a level three situated in unicorn way. That was the only character I could get into the game as and play. I have contacted Kings Isle through the support option. They got back to me with a variety of options, checking firewall and antivirus, etc. I did all of what they recommended with no results. I also uninstalled and re-downloaded Wizard101. The response from the support e-mail seemed to imply that it was my internet connection that was at fault, which I have a hard time accepting since I was able to successfully get in and play on the one character. They also asked that I do a "trace" which I am admittedly unfamiliar with but I attempted multiple times only to receive a message stating that the command did not exist. Any assistance would be appreciated.