Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Graphics Driver for Wizard101 (Please respond

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hello,

Does anybody know if a Windows 7 that has a built in graphics driver needs to update their graphics driver. The Senior Staff recently told me that I mudt update my graphics driver, since Wizard101 freezes and locks my compute,r and I have to restart. Is this true, I have never updated anything like drivers on my computer, so I am scared! My friend told me you don't update drivers, since mine is built in from Intel. But, do I install the latest driver or not? I need to get over my fear of installing this. Please Help!!

-Justin3620 (Level 15) - Death

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you have Windows 7, go to Start / All Programs / Windows Update.

That will update whatever is needed, and it should include graphics drivers.

If that doesn't fix it, go to Start / Run, then type DxDiag. Under the Graphics tab, check the type of graphics card you have (first entry: "Name:") then go to the manufacturer's website (use a search engine to find it), and download and install the latest graphics drivers for your card.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Justin3620 wrote:
Hello,

Does anybody know if a Windows 7 that has a built in graphics driver needs to update their graphics driver. The Senior Staff recently told me that I mudt update my graphics driver, since Wizard101 freezes and locks my compute,r and I have to restart. Is this true, I have never updated anything like drivers on my computer, so I am scared! My friend told me you don't update drivers, since mine is built in from Intel. But, do I install the latest driver or not? I need to get over my fear of installing this. Please Help!!

-Justin3620 (Level 15) - Death

I don't know anything about Windows 7 as I have Windows XP. but I can tell you that Intel graphics is not supported by KI. I also have Intel Graphics and updating drivers for Intel is like pulling teeth. There is a program called "Driver Agent" that has been a great help to me. I just recently purchased it and it has helped me update several drivers that were out of date.

You might also check with Intel's website and see if they are still providing support for your product. They stopped supporting my graphics a couple of years ago.

Good Luck

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Justin3620, I did forget to mention that KI does support ATI and NVIDIA graphics if you need to have yours switched out. Both are good and generally inexpensive based on what you choose or what is compatible with your machine.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
i have windows 7 and the graphic card is intel(R) 4 chip set family. The game runs perfectly fine. After the CL update I updated the drivers with no problem. I updated by going to the Intel site and updating the drivers. It did not take long, nor was it difficult.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Explorer
May 09, 2011
superluther wrote:
i have windows 7 and the graphic card is intel(R) 4 chip set family. The game runs perfectly fine. After the CL update I updated the drivers with no problem. I updated by going to the Intel site and updating the drivers. It did not take long, nor was it difficult.

Yes, but how do I update it? I need big help on this.... I know Intel.com but do I run the Update Driver Utility, I am scared, since I have never done these things before! Help!!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Justin3620 wrote:
superluther wrote:

Yes, but how do I update it? I need big help on this.... I know Intel.com but do I run the Update Driver Utility, I am scared, since I have never done these things before! Help!!

At Intel website go to download center. You can choose from a list. It will then ask if you have the 32 or 64 bit system. You can learn the bit system by going START then RIGHT clicking on COMPUTER and then PROPERTIES. A window will open with a list of information about your computer. It will be listed under system-->system type.

Once you learn all the info, just download the driver and follow prompts. It updates all on its on.

I too was leery about doing this because I didn't want to mess up my computer, but I quickly learned I really had nothing to worry about.