Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Graphics problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2013
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I seem to have a bit of a problem with my graphics blinking some. We just bought a refurbished Dell Optiplex 755 that has an Intel GMA 3100 graphics I guess. I have tried different resolutions and I still get the blinking. We used the monitor from our other Dell tower and don't know if that's the problem as Wizard 101 & Pirate 101 are the only games I have this problem with. I play using Google Chrome, but I also tried wit IE 9. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AdeleGage64 on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I seem to have a bit of a problem with my graphics blinking some. We just bought a refurbished Dell Optiplex 755 that has an Intel GMA 3100 graphics I guess. I have tried different resolutions and I still get the blinking. We used the monitor from our other Dell tower and don't know if that's the problem as Wizard 101 & Pirate 101 are the only games I have this problem with. I play using Google Chrome, but I also tried wit IE 9. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Using your old monitor should not be an issue.

What you might try doing in the game is reseting some of the graphics options there.

For instance: Turning off Shadows, moving Particles all the way down, and any other options to low or medium. Just don't do anyting with Brightness unless your game is too bright or too dark. Also maked sure the Wizard101 Graphical Client is allowed in your Firewall as an exception.

If none of this helps, I would contact Support. You may need to update the graphics driver as well and they can help determine if that needs to be done.