Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Heckhound Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2009
I'm a Magus Pyromancer working on the Ironworks area of Marleybone. I used to like my Heckhound but obvioudly in a major Fire Area he's less useful. Recently, however, I noted a bug while fighting one of the O'Leary Fire Bosses. I don't have a screenshot but I am certain that the damage was very wrong. He was resistant to fire and I calculated his resist based on other spell damage. When I cast the heckhound I had 2 pips and 3 poer pips. I was also packing a flame blade. Even with his resist, 7 pips of damage into the hound would have killed him. He should have taken 1296 damage before his resist chopped it down. He took nowhere near that amount, what he did take was closer to 810 points before resist, which works out to 35% tacked on to 600 damage which is what I would have gotten for 5 pips.

Translation, My Heckhound is using Power Pips like normal pips and it only seems reasonable that since it is a fire spell and I'ma pyromancer that it should be using Power Pips as double.