Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I think life needs alittle tweaking

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
High end life needs alittle fine tuning methinks. The satyr pet from the new quest should give a satyr not unicorn. All the other pets cards match the pet so its a bit silly that a satyr gives a unicorn first of all. But more importantly the satyr card can at least be useful in solo play as well as groups, the unicorn is only useful in a big group.
Also life really needs a new attack spell. The centaur is a great card and useful even at level 50 but it just gets boring casting centaur forever level after level. A new attack spell that doesnt give much extra oomph for one more pip just to give some variety would be nice. Also as far as creatures go, a centaur is hardly worthy of being the "ultimate summon".

Thoughts?

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Yes I agree.

So many of the life spells are for healing, and that works good in a group, but it really seems the best drops in boss battles go to the one that hits the hardest, which would explain why my poor life wizard only just now got her first good sword/wand in Dragonspyre (and she is just helping others there).

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Yes i do agree. I would love a cupid attack spell on one person. 700 on one person

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
So basically you're complaining that the class designed for healing has a lot of healing skills?

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Cynical wrote:
Yes I agree.

So many of the life spells are for healing, and that works good in a group, but it really seems the best drops in boss battles go to the one that hits the hardest, which would explain why my poor life wizard only just now got her first good sword/wand in Dragonspyre (and she is just helping others there).

it's completely random to get rare items, just a run of bad luck i suppose :?

i've one hit plenty of bosses and not got what i was looking for

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
In general, the same exact gameplay over and over again can get really monotnous; especially in Dragonspyre, where there are numerous vaults and tons of combat to do. It may be a bit worse for life wizards, considering that most of the time you guys don't necessarily use that many charms/wards, but the life spell can get less monotonous, really helpful, and get the unicorn to be really efficient when played in groups. It's a little bit of a negative point, so I do think that the life school should be a given a little versatility to be able to solo a little less monotonously. Of course, I've never had a life wizard, so I'm just going by what I know of the school (which is actually quite a bit!).

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
I typically play my life wizard with my mom and son. She is awesome as a healer!

But to play her alone in Dragonspyre is a true disaster. Granted since KI gave us the ability to undo some bad spell choices and she now has the blades/traps from the Balance tree...she is stronger. And since she is life/death she does have the good trap from death that saves her.

But it would be nice to get a good hit card. Some days I can get a good kill off hydra but you have to get the traps set up just right and one -80% by the goon and all your hard work goes up in smoke.

I laugh because before Wizard101 came to open, I tried all kinds of wizards; and when it came to open Destiny was my first wizard; I was so excited to be able to heal others. But as I look to future worlds getting harder I wonder if she will ever be able to solo?

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
So basically you're complaining that the class designed for healing has a lot of healing skills?

Not at all my fellow wizard. I understand that life will have less attack spells because it has lots of powerful healing magic. I'm just pointing out that the new class pet gives the wrong healing spell, not complaining about it giving a healing spell. Unicorn is far to low level a spell for our class pet and its quite useless for solo play, an actual satyr healing spell makes far more sense.
And as far as the centaur goes, life magic or not having only one attack spell to use at level 50 just isnt fun. The others are to far below the centaur to be of practical use. Rebirth is a great spell but life has been lacking in upper tier attack magic and now that problem has grown more distinct with the level 48 spells.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
LordMarshal wrote:
And as far as the centaur goes, life magic or not having only one attack spell to use at level 50 just isnt fun. The others are to far below the centaur to be of practical use. Rebirth is a great spell but life has been lacking in upper tier attack magic and now that problem has grown more distinct with the level 48 spells.

How is that so different from other classes? If they gave you a new spell that is stronger than centaur, you'd use only that one and scrap centaur and still only have one spell. After all, what do other classes use? Their strongest attack skill, and maybe occasionally an area attack or a damage over time attack for some classes.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
LordMarshal wrote:

How is that so different from other classes? If they gave you a new spell that is stronger than centaur, you'd use only that one and scrap centaur and still only have one spell. After all, what do other classes use? Their strongest attack skill, and maybe occasionally an area attack or a damage over time attack for some classes.
Hey you guys I posted a thing about ideas for 2 new life attack spells look up NEW LIFE ATTACK SPELLS (please look) I came up with some new ideas and I'm just looking for some feed back on them if anyone can get the mods to look that would really help.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
I agree as well. Life shoud have at least another attack card because most of our moves are healing cards or cards that increase healing, maybe a card that can attack all enemys at once