Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Issue with dungeon recall in Husk

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
Ran into this issue while finishing up the Empyrea questline this evening. I was questing through Husk, and got to the Rat and Scorpion fight in the Spirit grove. Lost my first attempt at the fight, so, I used dungeon recall to go back in. After completing the fight and exiting the instance, I ended up back in Aerial Shore due to having used dungeon recall. This normally wouldn't be much of an issue, but the teleporter to the next area in Husk apparently doesn't open until you complete the next quest goal, so I had no way to reach the other side of the Spirit grove without doing the fight again. Luckily, I was able to teleport to a friendly player who was outside the Storm Titan instance and walk back to the other side of the Spirit grove from there.

However, I ran into the exact same issue with the Storm Titan instance, where after being defeated then returning with dungeon recall, exiting the dungeon put me back where I was when I used recall. Now my quest goal reads "Protect the Chaos Heart in Broken Bough" but I can't get to Broken Bough without doing the Storm Titan fight again.

A fix for this would be much appreciated; players really should be able to toggle whether exiting a dungeon puts them in the normal location that the dungeon's exit leads to or back where they were before using dungeon recall.

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
Krokenguy on May 12, 2023 wrote:
Ran into this issue while finishing up the Empyrea questline this evening. I was questing through Husk, and got to the Rat and Scorpion fight in the Spirit grove. Lost my first attempt at the fight, so, I used dungeon recall to go back in. After completing the fight and exiting the instance, I ended up back in Aerial Shore due to having used dungeon recall. This normally wouldn't be much of an issue, but the teleporter to the next area in Husk apparently doesn't open until you complete the next quest goal, so I had no way to reach the other side of the Spirit grove without doing the fight again. Luckily, I was able to teleport to a friendly player who was outside the Storm Titan instance and walk back to the other side of the Spirit grove from there.

However, I ran into the exact same issue with the Storm Titan instance, where after being defeated then returning with dungeon recall, exiting the dungeon put me back where I was when I used recall. Now my quest goal reads "Protect the Chaos Heart in Broken Bough" but I can't get to Broken Bough without doing the Storm Titan fight again.

A fix for this would be much appreciated; players really should be able to toggle whether exiting a dungeon puts them in the normal location that the dungeon's exit leads to or back where they were before using dungeon recall.
This is an interesting issue. I'll let the team know and see if they can come up with a fix.