Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest Arrow

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Is the quest arrow supposed to switch when you accept a side quest while tracking a main quest? Mine always switches. It's a little annoying, and I lost track of which quest was the main quest for a while.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Nathaniel OgreBlad... on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
Is the quest arrow supposed to switch when you accept a side quest while tracking a main quest? Mine always switches. It's a little annoying, and I lost track of which quest was the main quest for a while.
As far as I know, this problem is still an open topic. There are a few pages of posts about it on this link:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageboard/listposts/game/49928?sid=8ad6a4041b4fd6c1011b5160b0670010&pn=1

That link used to be a "sticky topic" at the beginning of the Halston section, but it got a little buried on the older pages of posts.

(Note: if "clicking" on the link doesn't work, you might have to do a "copy and paste" to see the info.)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Nathaniel OgreBlad... on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
Originally after the quest arrow update I believe the idea was for the quest arrow to always stay on the main quest line story no matter what other quests were taken. It can become quite a thing with people who get easily confused with this. I quest often with 2 other people who are never familiar with the areas we are in so if they were on their own they would constantly be running in and out of areas or past questing that could be done on the way.

This seems to be true with some quests, in some worlds, some of the time.

In the end the best we can do is make friends with our Q button and after each quest note if it is changing to what we want to do or to what we don't want to do, press Q and click on the quest you want to follow.