Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Refund Training Points for Gold

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I'm relatively new to the game, and I'd like to experiment more with my training points. But it just cost me 10 real life dollars (in Crowns of course) to buy back my grandmaster life wizard's training points from the registrar in Golem Court. I don't like the idea of wasting my money to fine-tune my character's spells. What if I don't get it exactly right this time either? This feature should be available with gold, not just with Crowns.

On the subject of gold, I wish there were more items to buy at level 50. I currently have about 50,000 gold, and there just isn't anything left to buy. I already have a fully stocked castle (it won't even let me add any more furniture, which is kind of annoying), and the clothing items I want cannot be purchased, since they are no trade/no auction. I wish this game had a better economy. I think Crafting could be an interesting way to spend/make gold, but since it's taking me 3-4 days to complete each of the Crafting quests (due to the 12-hour slot cooldown), I haven't had a chance to find out yet.

Also, I don't like the new emphasis on Crowns. I don't mind buying Crowns on holidays, so my son can get the cute seasonal pets. But it feels like Crowns are no longer optional. If you want to tweak your training points, you have to buy Crowns. If you want to be successful in the arena, you have to buy Crown gear (especially at the lower levels). And the pet shopkeeper in Wizard City no longer sells the "power pets" (dream ghoul, etc.) for gold. You can only get those items with Crowns.

I don't understand why KI can't be happy with their monthly subscription fee. I'm beginning to feel like this game has a hidden $20/month surcharge, and I'm really tired of my kid begging me for Crowns.

I don't mind the Wizard Zazzle store, because that stuff isn't integral to game success, and it's an easy way for relatives to buy birthday presents for my kid. If you want to increase revenue, add more merchandise to the online store. Cups (not mugs), hats, backpacks, bath rugs, shower curtains, wallpaper border... my son wants a Wizard room, and I wouldn't begrudge spending money on that stuff.

But the Crowns? Are very close to becoming a deal-breaker.

Explorer
May 31, 2008
Also, I know they bought it, But i find the Gift-Card Pet unfair. a dryad is one thing, but a 6% resist????? It gets unfair to the PvP ppl. I for one paid the subscription and i wanted to leave it at that. I wanted to use the In-Game currency, not crowns. but i agree that the options are running out. At least make the Pet a Rare drop.

Maybe put it BACK into the shop where it should belong.