Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scaling problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
There seems to be a scaling error on some of the new furniture items. It seems to be mainly the items forged at the Grizzleheim forge. Every item that I have made needs to be 10-20% larger, and I think I have made all of them. Some are so small I can barely see them when placed (gold place setting). The aquarium is not a bad size, but still not easy to really see the fish unless you get myopically close. I would make that 10% larger. Same with the clocks. All of the tabletop items 15-20% larger.

Another scaling problem is the snap-to scale of most of the desks, tables and pedestals. The snap scale needs to be at least double what it is. Some of these items can't be used with other items that intuitively you should be able to use, but can't because it "won't fit" on the surface you are trying to put it on. The main reason, I think, is because the snap scale of the base won't allow you to center an item on top. For example, a statue that should fit won't because it doesn't fit if it isn't centered, and you can't center it. Another example would be not being able to place a table centerpiece, because again you can't place an item in the middle, only to one side or the other. I think this is also why none of the maps will fit on most of the desks or tables. (I won't say all, because there is one table that is large enough.) The snap puts it to one side or the other, and it is too large to fit in "half" the space. If you fixed the scale so that you could have more snap spots on the surface, you could do a whole lot more with the usable surfaces and table arrangements, and some of these "floor" items could be appropriately "desk" items instead.

I know that there are ways to glitch an item into place, but it shouldn't be necessary for normal item placement.