Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tangle wood way problems

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Even when I'm on the sidewalk when I'm on tangle wood way I get dragged into fights and sometimes I barely win because i'm already low on health from being dragged into a previous unwanted fight the sidewalks of tangle wood way are NOT safe

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Balance princess on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
Even when I'm on the sidewalk when I'm on tangle wood way I get dragged into fights and sometimes I barely win because i'm already low on health from being dragged into a previous unwanted fight the sidewalks of tangle wood way are NOT safe
Did you know that there is a short cut (sort of) in Tanglewood Way? If you need to go past the Green Men as you enter Tanglewood Way, it IS very hard to pass them without getting pulled into a battle.

BUT, when you enter Tanglewood Way, do not turn right to go past the Green Men.

Instead, continuing going straight ahead, to the "left" side of the water fountain, and go up the ramp.

One of the houses (with the blue lanterns), leads you inside (where you have to go later to pick up something for a quest). On the lower level of that house, there is another "exit" door, which leads you to the area near the tower for Lord Bramble. You can go back through that door too, to return to the entrance area of Tanglewood Way. So, you can avoid some of the areas with the Green Men.

Here is a link showing the map for Tanglewood Way:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Tanglewood_Way

If you take this shortcut, you still meet just a few Green Men, near Lord Bramble's tower, but they are MUCH easier to get past.

Hope this helped.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Enter Tanglewood Way, go to your left always, go up over the ramps down the other side, stay to your right as much as you can on the walkway going across downs tree roots. That is the only safe way to get past those tree guys.

We had a time with them when we first went to this area also, it only takes one drag in for me before I get the hint that this ain't the right way to go about this.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
You are not paying attention to the way the mobs move. I haven't gotten pulled into duels there in ages.

Stop. watch how the mobs move. There are groups, and then a longer space in between. That is when you need to move to get around any obstacles.

You will need this lesson, and actually should have learned it, in Marleybone.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I haven't even been to marley bone yet and thanks for the tips everyone I'll try them