Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team Up problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
I have been using team up (successfully most of the time). But three times someone will join and we eventually go in but I end up being there by myself. I don't know what happened to the other person or if they just bail out right before the end. In any case, I'm penalized because I can't team up again for many minutes.

I also wish you could check out the other person while waiting. I've gone into dungeones with people who were in way over their heads.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Hello! I believe that it's not just people leaving for a random reason, I think it's a glitch. I'm going to guess that you sometimes get in there with what was supposed to be four people and have maybe only one other person with you? I actually experienced where I did not even enter the dungeon, but was basically just kicked out of the Team Up and told I had to wait for nine minutes to rejoin. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.

Best of luck!
~Shannon Skybreaker

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
I've had that glitch myself. Always when using the kiosk.

And I had a stranger glitch the other night. There was a team of three people set up for harvest lord. As I needed to get the book there, I joined it. I was immediately put into the harvest lord tower as if the team had become 4 people by my joining, but the other three never showed. I was there by myself. Not wanting to fight him by myself, I left. As I had joined through the kiosk, I returned back to the kiosk. I clicked on it, went to the wizard city tab and there was the same three person team showing for the harvest lord.

A team that obviously didn't exist but that the game thought did.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
crystalwizard12345... on Jun 1, 2015 wrote:
I've had that glitch myself. Always when using the kiosk.

And I had a stranger glitch the other night. There was a team of three people set up for harvest lord. As I needed to get the book there, I joined it. I was immediately put into the harvest lord tower as if the team had become 4 people by my joining, but the other three never showed. I was there by myself. Not wanting to fight him by myself, I left. As I had joined through the kiosk, I returned back to the kiosk. I clicked on it, went to the wizard city tab and there was the same three person team showing for the harvest lord.

A team that obviously didn't exist but that the game thought did.
I've seen that, or something like it. It was the same instance I think, or one of those in WC. I was on a low level and used team up kiosk. There seemed to be two players permanently listed for that tower in the queue, but any time I tried to join, they weren't there when I ported. It's as if some teams don't get cleared from the list upon completion.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
haroldge on May 24, 2015 wrote:
I have been using team up (successfully most of the time). But three times someone will join and we eventually go in but I end up being there by myself. I don't know what happened to the other person or if they just bail out right before the end. In any case, I'm penalized because I can't team up again for many minutes.

I also wish you could check out the other person while waiting. I've gone into dungeones with people who were in way over their heads.

I've had something along the same lines happen in instances where there is actually no fight. There are a few dungeons with sigil entry that actually don't involve a battle. For one reason or another, the person that has the quest may not know this and has opted for "Team Up' just in case. So, when you get there, there isn't any fighting to be done, the original person speaks with whomever he needs to speak with to fulfill his quest and leaves the dungeon... and there you are with nothing to do. When you leave and reappear at the kiosk you're basically left with a no-credit situation and put on the timer before you can Team Up again.
It's a small inconvenience but worthy of mention just the same.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Yes, I have had these problems. So far, I have only queued for Sunken City, but I had to queue about 3 times.

1. Everyone left for no reason.
2. Glitch happened.
3. Finally!

Even if it's not a glitch, you're still penalized for people leaving for no reason.

Also there should be a Team Up Kiosk on every world. It is annoying having to walk all the way back to Olde Town.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Max Sterling on Jun 2, 2015 wrote:
Yes, I have had these problems. So far, I have only queued for Sunken City, but I had to queue about 3 times.

1. Everyone left for no reason.
2. Glitch happened.
3. Finally!

Even if it's not a glitch, you're still penalized for people leaving for no reason.

Also there should be a Team Up Kiosk on every world. It is annoying having to walk all the way back to Olde Town.
I disagree in regards to adding a kiosk to every world.
I think the reason there's only one kiosk is it's proximity to the bazaar. After teaming up at the kiosk and completing the battle, you're returned to the kiosk... just a few steps away from the best place to sell off all that newly obtained plunder. If there were numerous kiosks throughout the spiral, eventually you'd have to come back to Olde Town anyway to sell items.
If you don't like having to travel to Olde Town you might consider crafting a Bazaar Tapestry.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
TucsonWizard on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
I disagree in regards to adding a kiosk to every world.
I think the reason there's only one kiosk is it's proximity to the bazaar. After teaming up at the kiosk and completing the battle, you're returned to the kiosk... just a few steps away from the best place to sell off all that newly obtained plunder. If there were numerous kiosks throughout the spiral, eventually you'd have to come back to Olde Town anyway to sell items.
If you don't like having to travel to Olde Town you might consider crafting a Bazaar Tapestry.
Fair enough. I'll have to wait a bit though. Teleporting tapestries cost a LOT of rare reagents . . . and expensive TC.