Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Update: April 2015

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
A lot of things are wrong with this update first why is everything so small? I can barely read the chat, now this may be just my settings but it has never happened to me before. I did a dungeon today and one of my friends couldn't get back after fleeing. Also in damage and resistance there are two lines, +/% I don't get at all what this means. I only have numbers on the top line. Now I understand that this is a new update, but can you please just fix these. And can someone please explain the +/% thing to me? Thanks!

Administrator
Hello,

Go to the Options > Video Options screen to change your game resolution.

In the stats screen the first line is in percentages, the second is flat numbers. So if it says 2 in the top line, it means 2%. And if it says 2 in the bottom line, it means 2.

If you hover over, it will give you information about where your bonuses are coming from and clarify further which numbers are percentages and which are not.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Apr 21, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

Go to the Options > Video Options screen to change your game resolution.

In the stats screen the first line is in percentages, the second is flat numbers. So if it says 2 in the top line, it means 2%. And if it says 2 in the bottom line, it means 2.

If you hover over, it will give you information about where your bonuses are coming from and clarify further which numbers are percentages and which are not.
I think the issue was not with the OP needing to change his settings, as they should have been saved from his last log-in, where nothing was too tiny to see: The issue would be with the new additions to the game. We all know things go a tad wonky when new content is added. Please have your programmers look into this. Thank you.

Administrator
RavenLady777 on Apr 21, 2015 wrote:
I think the issue was not with the OP needing to change his settings, as they should have been saved from his last log-in, where nothing was too tiny to see: The issue would be with the new additions to the game. We all know things go a tad wonky when new content is added. Please have your programmers look into this. Thank you.
Hello,

There were some changes made to the way the game detects the best resolution for your computer. So it was unavoidable that some would be different on first log in after the update. I apologize for the inconvenience.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
I'm having a problem with the updates to, but of a different nature. My last computer which wasn't even old at the time couldn't handle pirate well I'm thinking maybe because of the bigger window. It must have worn it a lot because it always overheated and crashed on pirate but not on wizard until up to the end. when I did play pirate i had to play for 15-20 minutes then log of for 40 minutes, it made everything impossible. which is why I had to give up pirate. with the newer bigger screen in wizard now I'm worried i'll have the same problems and have to give up wizard to.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
ADemonsLight1 on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
I'm having a problem with the updates to, but of a different nature. My last computer which wasn't even old at the time couldn't handle pirate well I'm thinking maybe because of the bigger window. It must have worn it a lot because it always overheated and crashed on pirate but not on wizard until up to the end. when I did play pirate i had to play for 15-20 minutes then log of for 40 minutes, it made everything impossible. which is why I had to give up pirate. with the newer bigger screen in wizard now I'm worried i'll have the same problems and have to give up wizard to.
Lower the screen resolution in the game settings. The new update set it to the highest resolution the video card allows, not necessarily the best for your system.