Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wooden Cottage

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 30, 2013
I have a new house and want to sell my wooden cottage. I have changed the wall paper back to the original, as well as changing the tile back to the original. I have been through the island four times to make sure everything has been removed, and it still won't let me sell it. Please help.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Is it set as your active house? I don't think you can sell your active house. Set a different house as your active house, and then try.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2012
i don't even think you can sell it because when i tried to sell it,it did not let me.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You can sell it. You just have to go to the Castle Shop Keeper in Wizard City and sell it. You don't get much back for it, but you can sell it.

Explorer
Sep 30, 2013
My new house is set as my home, and I've been through the cottage four times to clear it out, even loaded the original tiles and wallpaper. It tells me that it is valued at 400 when I go to sell it, but the sell option is grayed out and it says that islands can't be sold unless they are empty.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Ambrose Cain on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
My new house is set as my home, and I've been through the cottage four times to clear it out, even loaded the original tiles and wallpaper. It tells me that it is valued at 400 when I go to sell it, but the sell option is grayed out and it says that islands can't be sold unless they are empty.
Empty, would also mean no garden plots and possibly the attic too.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Did you try the "pick up all items" button in the housing placement menu? It is in the bottom of the box next to your item pictures and below the attic. Try this both outside and inside. That way you can get everything for sure and not rely on memory. Perhaps you missed a plant, or some small item. That is all I can think to do.

Otherwise you can submit a bug report to KI, and see if they can help that way.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
First, if your house is set as your home, you must go into your backpack and "unequip" your house. Just like you must take off a robe, or a hat, etc. before you can sell it, you must take off your home, so your Dorm is set as your home.

And in the beginning, I had trouble selling a house, but then I figured out that in order to sell a house/castle, you must empty it first. Sometimes we use the "pick up all items" button, but for some reason, it doesn't always pick up all of the flooring / wallpaper.

Go into your house/castle, and click on the button "place object" like you are going to put something in your house.

Then click on the tab to the left for "flooring and wallpaper only". This will give you a new button on the right to click on for "pick up flooring/wallpaper".

Another way to double-check and make sure that you picked up "all items" (inside the house and outside too), would be to:
- go into your house.
-open your backpack.
-click on the icon at the right for "attic" (this will open your attic screen).
-if any of the tabs at the top of this attic screen are highlighted, then there are still some items you did not pick up (like wall hangings, wallpaper, decorations, outdoor items, etc.).

After your house/castle is empty, you should be able to go to a house dealer and sell it.

Hope this helps.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Try to pick up everything and put it in the attic. You have to stand in the house and then stand in the yard to do it. That will let you know if any item is left making you unable to sell it.

Mary

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
you must unequip your castle before you sell it.

hope this helped!!!

~Angela Gem

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
AluraMist2 on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
First, if your house is set as your home, you must go into your backpack and "unequip" your house. Just like you must take off a robe, or a hat, etc. before you can sell it, you must take off your home, so your Dorm is set as your home.

And in the beginning, I had trouble selling a house, but then I figured out that in order to sell a house/castle, you must empty it first. Sometimes we use the "pick up all items" button, but for some reason, it doesn't always pick up all of the flooring / wallpaper.

Go into your house/castle, and click on the button "place object" like you are going to put something in your house.

Then click on the tab to the left for "flooring and wallpaper only". This will give you a new button on the right to click on for "pick up flooring/wallpaper".

Another way to double-check and make sure that you picked up "all items" (inside the house and outside too), would be to:
- go into your house.
-open your backpack.
-click on the icon at the right for "attic" (this will open your attic screen).
-if any of the tabs at the top of this attic screen are highlighted, then there are still some items you did not pick up (like wall hangings, wallpaper, decorations, outdoor items, etc.).

After your house/castle is empty, you should be able to go to a house dealer and sell it.

Hope this helps.
If you do try to check items by "opening your attic", there is a tab at the top for "house". When you click on "house", if any of the tabs below that are highlighted for items (wall hangings, etc.), it means that you missed those items and you need to put them in your backpack. Sorry if this was confusing.