Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

dromel magic carpet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 25, 2012
why cannot we buy the magic carpet with gold from vendor or the reciepe? Why cannot we buy things from vendors in mirage? What good is your gold?

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
You can buy the items with gold. You just need the coinciding badges and you'll be able to buy them.

Survivor
May 19, 2015
juwanaman9 on Jan 21, 2017 wrote:
You can buy the items with gold. You just need the coinciding badges and you'll be able to buy them.
Wait! What?

Are you saying that earning badges unlocks game features? The way the whole badge thing has been presented is that they are simply an honorific given to players who have completed tasks. However, your response makes it sound like having certain badges will unlock the availability of certain items that are unavailable otherwise...

If that's the case, why is there no comprehensive list somewhere of new items people can purchase after unlocking specific badges? (My "Google Fu" may be off tonight. I did a search and came up with nothing...)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
berfox on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
why cannot we buy the magic carpet with gold from vendor or the reciepe? Why cannot we buy things from vendors in mirage? What good is your gold?
The vendor tells you which badge(s) you need to be able to buy clothing/mounts/wands/houses. You just have to click on the item you want, and it tells you which badges are needed.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Phluffy the Mad on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
Wait! What?

Are you saying that earning badges unlocks game features? The way the whole badge thing has been presented is that they are simply an honorific given to players who have completed tasks. However, your response makes it sound like having certain badges will unlock the availability of certain items that are unavailable otherwise...

If that's the case, why is there no comprehensive list somewhere of new items people can purchase after unlocking specific badges? (My "Google Fu" may be off tonight. I did a search and came up with nothing...)
Changes can be made at any time in the game. In this case, the Mirage badges actually get you something if you earned it/them.

Unless you are in Mirage and opened each of the areas to talk to the various vendors, you won't know what you will get until you get there. Otherwise, you can look on wizard101central