Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I second JWAE's opinion on Storm being completely uncompetitive in PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2016
The original post in PVP message boards was by user jwae and was titled "Storm is uncompetitive in PVP and that needs to change"
Just like jwae, I have been playing this game since 2009. The only times I ever remember storm being competent in PVP was at the Magus level after Mooshu with the wild bolt spell before the nerf. Then, through blood sweat and tears, in 2012 after the addition of Insane bolt, you could hope to reach captain- never anything higher by using a feint, cloaked blade, shield then leviathan hit by round 4, and pray that you don't face an Ice wizard along the way. Because, back then just as today, ice is far too strong. It is a cracked school. Basically here is the problem-
Storm's health and resistance is far too low. The spells have been nerfed beyond recognition while every other school has been boosted to some degree. It makes Storm the least competitive school at just about any level. Currently, I have an Archmage storm character as proof of this. I have some of the best possible gear you could attain without crowns or already having arena ticket gear. My PVP rank is 0. 20 wins and 54 losses at the time of writing this post. The highest rank I have ever achieved on a storm wizard was Captain and that was many years ago. Today, it is practically impossible to win a reasonable amount of games against other schools. Every other school hits too hard, has way too much health by comparison and has such high defenses that our hard hitting spells are useless by the time we can cast them and we end up scrambling to hold on to what little health we have while our enemy hammers away. That has been my experience playing storm post 2012. Bottom line is this- either give us the bolts back so we can hit fast and hard how we are supposed to, or nerf every other school to make us competitive. That's the only way to fix this issue. When people complained about wild bolt, you guys nerfed storm too much. Now you have to fix that, because now the whole of storm is complaining about what you've done. And that's all I have to say about that.