Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Timering in level 50 pvp is way too easy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2014
Two games in a row now I got timered by people running 60+% resist setup and doing nothing but spamming fortify, sanctuary, sprite, pixie, and satyr. I lost a total of 60 rank to two recruits, both of whom made ZERO attempts to defeat me.

I know that the timer is going to be extended to 7 minutes in the coming update, but this same thing will still be possible. Why does this mechanic even exist? In both of the matches where I lost 25 rank to insecure time, I still had over 3 minutes and 40 seconds left in my timer bank. Why am I being punished for other people's choices?

Can we stop being punished for being held hostage by others'? Grandmaster is way too easy to stall. At least make it so if you have more than half your time bank remaining, your rank goes unchanged if the other person gets timered. It's not my fault the other guy is purposely doing nothing but healing every 29 seconds. Even with a 7 minute match, this means you have 15 rounds to defeat someone who is focused on nothing but healing and shielding. This is a very easy loophole to abuse in grandmaster. Way too many matches go to timer. Timer should only exist as a means of preventing the 4 hour jade matches we used to see back in the day.

As long as you continue to punish the other player on behalf of someone wasting their own time bank, the incentive to troll will forever exist.