Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does anyone else think Polaris is higher quality?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 08, 2011
I know I'm late to the party, buy Polaris seems like an amazing improvement to me. In the past, no offense to W101, but the quests for most the worlds have been so convoluted I have no idea what I'm doing most the time. The combat basically devolved into blade up and aoe attack. Although a short and easy world (I'm not sure yet I'm not that far into it), I believe that Polaris is definitely a step in the right direction. The story so far makes sense and I know why I'm doing something most the time. The enemy attack patters are very different than before. Now its 4 vs. 1, so I need a completely different boss deck. Although there was no crafting, its actually worth buying decks from the venders for a change. Enemies now use shields and accuracy/damage defuffs and pets. The gear now requires thought into what you want, not just farm a certain dungeon every few dozen levels and get the best gear. As a myth who never gets to use his special anti shield spells, I may have to start using them soon. Granted its still better just to pierce through all the shields, but its a step in the right direction! Omen looks like fun too!

Basically, I just got to Polaris and I absolutely LOVE the world so far! The combat, story, gear, and world are huge improvements in my eyes and my class finally is starting to feel different again. I still have a while to go, but I hope this quality goes into the next worlds! What's everyone's favorite part of this expansion? I realize this post would be more appropriate on release, but this world just needed some praising!

Explorer
Nov 08, 2015
While i'm not at Polaris yet i TOTALLY agree

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I loved Polaris, I was actually addicted to the world. I couldn't take breaks and the only time I would every leave the world would be to go to the bazaar after procrastinating over selling my too full backpack and bank.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
frostednutella on Sep 6, 2016 wrote:
I loved Polaris, I was actually addicted to the world. I couldn't take breaks and the only time I would every leave the world would be to go to the bazaar after procrastinating over selling my too full backpack and bank.
I actually got addicted to crafting athena, but I got back to polaris. I love the fact that I knew exactly why I was doing something. Now if they can just manage to make class specialties shine more, that would be great.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I love Polaris and it's music. The storyline is so much better than all the other worlds. It made me feel i'm in the game itself taking a role in part of the story; he said, she said, they said along with storming the castles, towers, caves and jailbreak which is so awesome. P.S. I think Mellori, Baba Yaga's daughter is cute

Tarlac Swiftblade 110
Arthur Battlethorn 110
Sloan Stormcatcher 110
Seth Stormstalker 110
Connor Deathslinger 110
Adrian Firecaster 110
Carlos Nightshade 80
Tanner Stormrider 53
Gorman Mythhaven 53

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Yep, more effort was put in all around. Music is much higher quality, both in terms of composition and synth instruments/voices, graphics finally got around to basic stuff like blinking eyes (the thousand-yard stare really doesn't do a lot of NPCs justice) and passable textures, storytelling/lore quality has been upped starting with Khyrsalis, everything is more streamlined in terms of progression and combat, difficulty is finally back almost to where it needs to be (I'd still say regular mob fights needed a bit more difficulty but eh), clothing isn't calamitously ugly anymore and we actually got good housing items that aren't expensive, tiny and/or have insane crafting requirements.

Yeah, basically it's a pretty great improvement

P.S. yes Mellori is super cute, I didn't really like her at first but she grew on me immensely