Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

thank you KI for making it plausible for solo players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 07, 2017
I stopped playing Wiz a few years back; being a solo player it was almost impossible to progress. thank you for finding the right compromise to enable hard core and solos to be able to move forward.
Nice Fix

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
RighteousMonkey on Jun 9, 2023 wrote:
I stopped playing Wiz a few years back; being a solo player it was almost impossible to progress. thank you for finding the right compromise to enable hard core and solos to be able to move forward.
Nice Fix
Hello, RighteousMonkey,

Can I ask what they did to fix this? I haven't played for long at all, but it seems nearly impossible for me to solo the game and I'm only in Marleybone. (Sometimes there are three whole enemies that I have to fend off, so I'm outnumbered and "out-healthed." ) I've always soloed my way through things when playing Pirate101, but I find myself surprised at how difficult a lot of these battles are. Someone suggested I should try to level myself up using side quests first; is that what you did to make it easier?

Thanks!

Diverteix-te and good hunting,
~Fiona IronFlame, Level 26 Diviner

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 20, 2023 wrote:
Hello, RighteousMonkey,

Can I ask what they did to fix this? I haven't played for long at all, but it seems nearly impossible for me to solo the game and I'm only in Marleybone. (Sometimes there are three whole enemies that I have to fend off, so I'm outnumbered and "out-healthed." ) I've always soloed my way through things when playing Pirate101, but I find myself surprised at how difficult a lot of these battles are. Someone suggested I should try to level myself up using side quests first; is that what you did to make it easier?

Thanks!

Hello again, Aurora.

It's entirely possible that you're just under-leveled and don't quite have the experience yet. Have you been doing Side Quests? Those should give you enough Experience Points in order to up your level a bit and get higher stats and new spells.

Us fellow Storm Wizards also do tend to be a bit tough and frail in the early game as well. Things should pick up for you once you pick up Tempest and Stormblade around Mooshu.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 20, 2023 wrote:
Hello, RighteousMonkey,

Thanks!

The thing Righteous Monkey might be referring to are the most recent changes to battles - there is now a Challenge Mode on several bosses - Medulla, the Storm Titan, and in the Hall of Heroes in Lemuria. You have the option of doing the battle in a Challenge Mode, which is harder (the original battle - the battle from before the change was made - from what I've seen on blogs and here on the boards is how the Challenge Mode has been described to me). The standard mode fights for these three battles now are easier which allows you to progress with the storyline now and not necessarily spend a lot of time trying to get a good group to go through some of these instances. For the original fight, you would do the Challenge Mode version.

Having done Medulla before and after the change, as an example, I can definitely say I definitely prefer the standard mode now rather than the original Challenge Mode.

I also solo, usually by myself, so these changes are awesome - and I'm hoping we see more of those battles soon, like on the Aberrant Paradox for example (hint, hint) and maybe even Morganthe or in the Gallery. Some people aren't liking the changes, but they do have the option of doing the harder battle if they want it the old way.

And as for struggling in Marleybone, yes, definitely do the side quests. Do the extra worlds like Wysteria and Grizzleheim too (Grizzleheim is staggered, level 20 is when you get access and the enemies there, the health is lower - it will get higher every 5 levels as you gain access to the other parts of Grizzleheim which are at levels 20, 25, and 35 i believe? You can also chose to wait to do all of Grizzleheim at the same time - but be warned, when you get to Wintertusk, it is intentionally harder than what level you're at). The extra experience will over-level you with the additional worlds and side quests. My myth (the character I'm working on right now) has just gotten to Dragonspyre for example (the world after MooShu, which is after Marleybone), and I'm level 47 and I literally just started Dragonspyre today. And the only reason I did was because I know I get Orthrus at level 48 and I need to quest a little to get the spell access.

Also check your gear and upgrade it in the Bazaar, that might help - concentrate on Bazaar gear until about level 30 when you get access to Aquilla. You can then get a group and do the first instance of Aquilla (vs. Zeus) and he drops some great gear for that level. But it's optional. Concentrate on health right now, worry about how hard you hit (your attack) later.

Hope this helps!

Survivor
Sep 07, 2017
Hi Aurora! the fixes I am referring to are the upper level worlds (Mirage, Empyrea) where the final bosses are pretty tough. they now have the option to do the new version (easier for solo) or the Original (harder but with the good gear drops).
It seems that Storm players running solo can be a bit rough at earlier levels due to fizz, lower health, etc. I made a storm character years ago and it was a bit rough at first.
You can try using the Team up for dungeons? Many like to help others out. Also investing time in creating a good pet can make a very helpful difference (maybe a healer until you are higher level?)
I always run around and gather the side quests in a world, then when you do the main Quest Line, the minions involved usually satisfy the sides so you level up faster.
Hope this helped, maybe some Storm solos out there can offer more advice?
Happy travels