Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

[Guilds/Suggestion] Show Individual Azoth Donations

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2019
Guilds have finally released for live realm, and they look promising!

As you all know, with the release of guilds, the treasure card Azoth was introduced as some sort of point system to unlock various stuff revolving around guilds. This is pretty standard for guilds to have this sort of point system that incentivises each member to contribute to the guild. However, the issue right now is that no one knows how much each member has contributed to the guild due to the lack of an interface that shows how much azoth someone has donated. I am aware that guilds are still in the early stages, but this is vital for any game that has any sort of guilds in an MMO.

Why is this vital?
  1. It's a great way to show how active an individual is & how much they are contributing to the team. Guilds can go as far as to reward the top donators.
  2. It creates friendly competition. This is crucial if you want to encourage Azoth farming. Seeing all your friends having more Azoth than you will perhaps give you that boost to farm more. Overall, everyone will have that same feeling and that will drastically improve the rate of things getting unlocked.
  3. Top guilds can go as far as to require guild members to reach a certain number of azoth donated per week. This is a bit extreme yeah... but it can be done!
  4. Overalls it makes you feel like you have contributed, cause at the moment it just feels like you are just donating randomly and would be unfair to see others simply not even contribute at all... and can even lie about it.

Those are just a few reasons why a tab to view Azoth donated would be great!

Suggestions to where to view donated Azoth
Currently, I could think of three places:
  1. In the Guild Roster.
  2. In the "Unlocks" view every time a certain place is trying to get unlocked.
  3. Make an entirely separate tab in the guild tab. This also allows for a more in-depth analysis of donation such as:

• Live donations. See who has donated x amount of Azoth live.
  • A history of how many Azoth a player has donated per day/week/month.
  • An Azoth leaderboard.

Of course, someone could say that Azoth is just meant to unlock stuff and then you are done with it, but to me, it's good for the long term and it allows Ki to add more exciting features to Guilds revolving around Azoth.

Overall, this was a short suggestion to just get the point across as quickly as possible before the release of raids. I'm excited for the future of guilds & I hope you are too. Please let me know what you think & enjoy grinding!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
I agree, it is a good way to show how much someone donated Azoth and also to learn more about the guild.