Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How To Improve The Spirit Schools In Wizard101 (PvE and PvP)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 10, 2016
First I will start off with death, then myth, and lastly life. These will be suggestions to make the spirit schools a more viable option to play with in both PvE and PvP. Currently the elemental schools (fire, ice, and balance as well) dominate every spirit school.

1. Make drains take the full enchant instead of only part of it.

Example: A gargantuan enchanted Vampire is only at 500 when it should be at 575.

This would greatly improve the death school for both PvP and PvE, death is the only school whose "gimmick" is nerfed by enchants. Myth hits that stun do full enchanted damage, and enchanted life heals take the full enchant as well. Death should not be an exception.

2. An enchant only for the death school that subtracts 150 damage from a hit, BUT allows you to attack a beguiled enemy.

Example: Enchant a ghoul with this spell and instead of it doing 160 it will allow you to attack a beguiled player with the 10 damage ghoul. Scales regularly.

Preferably this enchant would be available only to death players who have the beguile spell learned.

3. Add monster mash as a trainable spell.

For those who don't know what this spell is, Shane von Shane in darkmoor uses this spell. It is a spell just like burning rampage, catch of the day, and sacred charge. It used to drop as a TC but the damage was too over powered so it was removed. To make this spell balanced I'd suggest nerfing the damage to 670 and the accuracy to 80% to balance it. As is, it does 1170 damage with 85% accuracy for 6 pips. The added beguile effect would really compliment with the spell idea mentioned in point 2.

4. Add a 2-4 pip utility spell for myth that removes all stun blocks from your target. (Dispel shields as well because why not?)

No example needed for this one, but this would greatly improve myth in PvP. All you have to do to shut down a myth currently is stun block so that they can't use what their school is strong in. With this spell myth would be so much more of a threat, and not only that, this spell would help bring some players back to more PvP than just 1v1. Especially if it removed dispel shields as well.

5. Rework life scion.

There is no reason life scion should be a heal, using a satyr is far more beneficial in both PvP and PvE. An example of a better life scion would be if the player has less than 50% hp it will heal as normal, if you have more than 50% hp it will do 1100 damage and a 300 dot instead of healing the player.

6. Buff wings of fate

Also wings of fate really needs a buff, instead of 525 damage and heal it would be better as 825, that's a simple and quick fix most likely.

Let me know what you guys think of these ideas, I feel like I might be onto something with at least a few of these.