Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to make combat faster paced

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2012
I made a long post about this but I think I forgot to hit submit XD, so I don't feel like rewriting it so hear are my main ideas.

Combat can be very repetitive and stale in this game (at least with mobs). As a level 85 fire, I've been doing fire blade than meteor for the past 20 levels every single mob fight. This is boring. Also, seeing the same spells over and over again can be boring. Here are my suggestions to improve combat:

1) Allow a fast combat option like pirate101 has. You should be able to speed up spell animations by 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% or even more. This will make fights be quicker, make farming easier, and make it so I don't feel like I have to go on my phone in between rounds.

2) Players should start with 6 pips starting at level 50, than 7-8 pips at level 80. Reason: Your spells cost more pips at these higher levels. Doesn't make sense that a level 20 and a level 80 start with the same amount of pips when the level 80's spells cost a lot more. I think it will make gameplay more fun by allowing you to hit on the first round with something good or decrease the rounds you have to wait to get to the spell you want. Also, enemies and bosses start with a lot of pips so there's precedent.

3) This suggestion is a little dicey but, new gear stat that gives you a chance to get a two power pips in one round. Not super attached to this idea but it could be cool, it also could be game breaking lol. Would make getting enough pips to cast your higher level spells quicker.

4) Make more spells viable to use in combat, increase the strategic depth of the game. Like I said, I've been doing fireblade and meteor for the last 20 levels, it's boring. I would love to try a different strategy but none of them come close to being as efficient.

Best.