Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas for new healing spells

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Fairy and Satyr used to reliably restore most of your health. No longer. Dryad is now the only good healing spell for high levels, and it takes a lot of pips to make it worthwhile. Even worse, by the time you build up enough pips to attack, you've often been hit a bunch more times and need to use Dryad again. There is a serious need for new healing spells to be added to the game to play the role that Satyr and Fairy once did. We also have yet to see a shadow-enhanced healing spell (except Wings of Fate, but healing isn't the primary purpose of it). So I have some ideas for new healing spells.

Potion Master: This is a single target spell that will heal the target wizard by 400 health for every 1 pip that the caster has. The animation will consist of the potion master pouring a green potion onto the target wizard.

Azure Dragon: This spell costs 7 pips (2 of which must be life pips) and 1 shadow pip. It is a single target spell. The Azure Dragon will blow wind at the target wizard, giving them a heal-over-time that will last for 4 rounds total. Each round, the wizard will be healed by an amount that is equal to 25% of their maximum health, and they will also be pacified each round. E.g. If your wizard's maximum health is 8000, you will be healed by 2000 each round.

Fountain of Youth: This spell costs 5 pips (1 of which must be a life pip) and 1 shadow pip. It is an AoE heal. A giant fountain will be summoned with golden-colored water, and it will proceed to spray all wizards in the battle. Everyone will be healed for 33% of their maximum health.

Holy Monquisition: This spell costs 4 pips (1 of which must be a life pip) and 1 shadow pip. It is a single target spell. A Monquistan priest will appear, yelling "Nobody expects the Holy Monquisition!" The priest will then throw bananas at the target wizard, doubling their health. So, if you have 1000 health, the priest will heal you for 1000. If you have 2000 health, the priest will heal you for 2000. And so on. It will, however, cap off and heal you no further if you reach maximum health.

I don't mind if these spells are Life-only spells as long as treasure card versions of them can be readily purchased. I also suggest making them available at Level 100 at the earliest and at Level 130 at the latest.

The benefit of these spells is that, since the amount they heal you by isn't a fixed numerical value and is instead based upon your stats, they will never become useless. Adding spells like this to the game would eliminate the need to add new healing spells.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
On second thought, the Holy Monquisition should probably be an AoE spell.

Survivor
May 20, 2018
Shining of life
aoe does 700 damge to
all a and heals 900 to All allies

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
@Fablefinder you may have missed the optional spells regenerate and guardian spirit. Those are all stronger heals then satyr and fairy, you do not mention them, so it's possible you do not know they exist.

Regenerate is 5 pips, so is guardian spirit if I remember right. I am all for adding a self target version of detonate for heals, in case you need it. Sprite and sprite queen also serve that purpose, few people know of those spells, and they can come on pets. On my healing pet, may cast sprite queen will go of 3-4 times a battle, with 4 people. Something to look into.