Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minor addition: Reconnect button for inactivity

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
It's a hassle having to re-boot the game every time i have an extended period getting pulled away. I understand the purpose, but theres far better ways to handle the inactivity problem than forcing people to go through the login, patch, load process all over again. Even just booting inactives back to the maini menu would be a major help.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 4, 2019 wrote:
It's a hassle having to re-boot the game every time i have an extended period getting pulled away. I understand the purpose, but theres far better ways to handle the inactivity problem than forcing people to go through the login, patch, load process all over again. Even just booting inactives back to the maini menu would be a major help.
There are a few ways to avoid being booted off when you have to leave your wizard and might take a bit longer than the 10 mins before the auto-disconnect sets in...

I don't think we can be booted off if we are in the crowns shop or in earn crowns. Also, it doesn't disconnect if we are in the buying/selling interface in the bazaar. The other way is to spin (A+alt). Players who multi-box (use more than one wizard at a time) often use spinning while they prep their other account for questing together, take one off for an arranged hatch or to use one account as a teleport to enable tricky decorating without closing the decorating interface etc.

Obviously we don't want to be leaving afk wizards all over the place but I'm really glad KI have not changed this so we literally can't leave a wizard afk for a bit longer. I'd really struggle with using multiple accounts at once if they kept disconnecting when I had to empty my backpacks or every time someone asked one of them for help.

I hope this helps

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I like this!

Too often many of us have to step away for a few and while the "spinning" technique exists, updates on your computer etc. can actually interrupt this process, causing your in-game character to cease in spinning and hence the inactivity message appearing.

While I see the reasoning for having the game disconnect after a period of inactivity, I feel there, similarly to the connection lost button/message, there should be a "re-connect" button of some sort, so players don't have to abruptly quit and be forced to login in all over again.

Especially with the new exciting updates on the horizon!

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 4, 2019 wrote:
Then how about you pres alt+ any of the moving keys such as a,w,s or d and have it spin that way u dont go in active its a neat trick try it out fam.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
100% agree with this idea. It allows for decreased activity on the server load when the Wizard is not actively engaged, but then allows for a faster reconnect instead of having to reload the Wizard101 launcher (which takes forever).

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
angellifeheart on Apr 5, 2019 wrote:
Then how about you pres alt+ any of the moving keys such as a,w,s or d and have it spin that way u dont go in active its a neat trick try it out fam.
1) I didnt know of that tactic.

2) That tactic can be interrupted by popups and updates. both of which bother me on my computer a lot.

3) Thats verging on exploit territory and could easily be patched out in a future update if it began causing problems

4) Really? Saying I need to do something specific to not have to relog for daring step away from the keyboard for a moment?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 6, 2019 wrote:
1) I didnt know of that tactic.

2) That tactic can be interrupted by popups and updates. both of which bother me on my computer a lot.

3) Thats verging on exploit territory and could easily be patched out in a future update if it began causing problems

4) Really? Saying I need to do something specific to not have to relog for daring step away from the keyboard for a moment?
Not sure how that can be exploitable esp when its normal key functions wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't introduced as a function by k i themselves. So don't worry to much about it but now you know. Pop ups don't interrupts spins as long as you keep your mouse off the client. Other than updates well i don't really know much about that. I tend to keep my pc free and clean. Good luck tho

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
angellifeheart on Apr 7, 2019 wrote:
Not sure how that can be exploitable esp when its normal key functions wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't introduced as a function by k i themselves. So don't worry to much about it but now you know. Pop ups don't interrupts spins as long as you keep your mouse off the client. Other than updates well i don't really know much about that. I tend to keep my pc free and clean. Good luck tho
Okay, theres a further problem. I live in... Well. Thing sarent exactly staying still here a lot. Mostly just pugs bumping into where i keep my mouse, and thusly moving it. My point is, I shouldnt have the game forcefully closed, when I return of all times, because I was inactive for a moment.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 9, 2019 wrote:
Okay, theres a further problem. I live in... Well. Thing sarent exactly staying still here a lot. Mostly just pugs bumping into where i keep my mouse, and thusly moving it. My point is, I shouldnt have the game forcefully closed, when I return of all times, because I was inactive for a moment.
I don't think KI should be expected to reprogramme their game to accommodate real life dogs that have not been trained or a badly placed computer.