Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monstrology's missing potential

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
As I've started decorating houses again it's become readily apparent how much missing potential monstrology has. Most creature types in most worlds cannot be harvested.
  • You can't extract Krok animus in Krokotopia (except some of the undead ones, but that isn't the same)
  • You can't extract cat and dog animus in Marleybone despite them being the signature creatures of that world
  • You can't extract samoorai animus in MooShu
  • You can't extract water mole animus in Celestia (so much for a Skull Island themed house)
  • You can't extract lion or tiger animus in Zafaria

I could go on, but I think you get the point. It's disappointing that there aren't more options.

One way to solve this would be to add animus extracts for all creature types in the game. That may just create too many monstrology spells, however. A better way to do it, imo, would be to add rank-based animus extract spells to the game. So, a spell that would extract animus from creatures that are Rank 1-3, another one that would extract animus from creatures that are Rank 4-6, and so on.

I also think the price for buying animus extract spells is way too high. There's no good reason for them to cost 100k gold. The most expensive fishing spell is only 10k gold. I suggest dropping the cost of animus extract spells to 10k gold, or at the very least 25k gold.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
World-based animus extract spells could also be added: Extract Wizard City creatures, Extract Krokotopia creatures, etc.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
There could also be animus extract spells based on schools: Extract Storm enemy, Extract Myth enemy, etc.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Fable Finder on Apr 2, 2023 wrote:
World-based animus extract spells could also be added: Extract Wizard City creatures, Extract Krokotopia creatures, etc.
this would make more sense than school based animus extract spells; one world, one spell.