Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Request for Classic Mode Enhancement - Old Spell Sprites in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2015
I have a rather specific request that might resonate with a few of you. I've been thinking about Classic Mode in Wizard101 and it got me reminiscing about the old days. Wouldn't it be amazing if Classic Mode brought back the original look for the level 1-2 spells and the Balance AOE Sandstorm? Personally, I have a soft spot for the old Sandstorm, and it was a bit disheartening when I created a new balance character only to find out that Classic Mode didn't restore its original sprite. What are your thoughts on this? Any other nostalgic features you'd like to see in Classic Mode? Let's discuss!

Survivor
Aug 23, 2014
questionguy37 on May 27, 2023 wrote:
I have a rather specific request that might resonate with a few of you. I've been thinking about Classic Mode in Wizard101 and it got me reminiscing about the old days. Wouldn't it be amazing if Classic Mode brought back the original look for the level 1-2 spells and the Balance AOE Sandstorm? Personally, I have a soft spot for the old Sandstorm, and it was a bit disheartening when I created a new balance character only to find out that Classic Mode didn't restore its original sprite. What are your thoughts on this? Any other nostalgic features you'd like to see in Classic Mode? Let's discuss!
Definitely agree with this. They should include old spell animations in classic mode. What I'm really waiting for is the day an actual W101 classic comes to be.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
I would also love for classic mode to include the original character models for our wizards and all other characters models that have been updated. A "true" classic mode would be awesome. Having updated character models against the old graphics is a bit odd! But I'm not a game developer so I'm not sure how hard that would truly be