Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Nerfs and Buffs that should be implemented

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
As the title states once again, I'm ranting on the balance changes that needs to be fixed and stop being ignored upon in pvp. Lets begin shall we
Ice as dominant as they can be i still believe the only Nerf to ice should be Abominable Shield effect needs to be removed completely. Ice already having mass resist,combo-utilities, damage over time and access to a bubble that pretty much puts them on par with storm damage have no need for broken effect as this. Change this effect to a 40% blade after damage calculation. This would provide better counter play from other schools while still giving ice chance to set up new combos if played correctly.

Fireneed i say anymore than whats already been said about this school? Too broken, too op, nerf to the ground
just kidding but seriously there are 2 main nerf that wont necessarily affect power spike but, instead, would put an end to the brain dead tactics every fire mains loves to use whenever their opponent are setting up combos. Fire should not be that school to punish your opponent for over blading etc due to their extensive mass damage and dot utility better than every school in the game already. I think fire should be punished for going out to drastic on offense without playing defense. We are have to bear in mind that fire are basically storms with dot. Hot fix to burning rampage making it a reg dot and removing the -95 weakness on efreet change it to something useless but yet useful like a 45% mantle. There is no need for a spell with a base damage of 895(1195) for 8 to have a -95% weakness. Its an utterly broken stall move that should not be on a school that already has massive damage out- put potential.

Balance Nerfing lore master would be a huge major change to this school. This has been asked time and time again and their is no reason why this spell 4 pips should have double effect with a base max damage of 470. If anything spammable spells should not have broken effects at all. If this spell was to be able to keep everything as it is then its pip value should be increase to 5. If changes are to be made then lower the base damage to 400 flat while removing the mantle. Luminous weaver and lore are basically in the same category and both life and balance have access to heals despite balance heal being an overtime. Another major hot fix needed towards balance is mana burn. As the description states your opponent takes 80 damage per pip while losing 3 pip. However it seems we are losing all a bit more pips than we should which isn't right, or if we were to have 3 power pip we lose all 3 this needs to be change and apply 3 pips correctly.

Life Since every life main i know who are few warlords such as myself. Life critical build path is a thing for us now, not because we chose it but because we are forced to play this way. Banning Jade gears from pvp should be #1 priority and am getting tired of people abusing mass resist to chase people out of pvp while having the ability to spam heals. A buff to offensive life wizard should be access to a 2 pip damage bubble and a 5 pip dot spell that would render us effective. As for pve wise access to a low 4pip aoe which honestly its already there make it available for us to learn (leaf storm). The two spells needs to be fix would be goat monk and sacred charge u can apply dot and aoe to both of these spells. The 250 absorb on sacred charge is underrated and useless at max level and offers 0 beneficiary advantage besides the base damage of 500 for 5 pips same with goat monk. These arent easy spells to get so please make it more useful.

Myth Mysterious as they can be, don't underestimate a myth damage potential. With that being said every myth mains only wants a heal which to be fair they deserve it since they only have around 6k base health and are prone to offensive damages a base heal of 600 or 800 over time heal for 4 pips should prove useful for them.
Another buff to myth should be minions should have immunity for 3 rounds. The reason i say this is because myth schools are the main source for minions and if im to spend 5 pips on talos then it should be rewarding not being able to be knocked out the battle on the first time its summoned. This should only be applied to myth.

Death Ah my favorite school, how sad that everyone puts so much hate on a school that has the ability to out stand every other school in the game if balance correctly. A major buff to to death school to compensate for the damage death already lacked would be an access to a bubble spell that not only increases death damage up to 25% but also buff drains to 100% upon damage. Death has always been that school about survivability and drains spells is what defines death. Now having that said since death already has access to poison, headless, bone dragon etc, the damage bubble+drain effect will prove very useful for them.

Storm only needs a health buff base buff and a actual dot or double hit plain and simple. Who ever has any complaints about this should also complain that fire and ice has this ability as well with balance gaze of fate.