Make Magic Wands
Make edible magic wands by dipping pretzel sticks in melted chocolate, letting them cool, and then sprinkling one tip with coconut or white sprinkles.
What you'll need:
- Pretzel Rods (long thick straight pretzels)
- White frosting in a tub
- Knife or small spatula
- Small bowl
- Star sprinkles (edible)
- Wax paper
How to make them:
- Scoop out a small amount of frosting and put in a small bowl. Note: The pretzels will make the frosting taste salty, so only take out how much you need.
- Dip the pretzel in the frosting and twist and pull the pretzel out of the frosting.
- Sprinkle with star sprinkles. Press the stars into the frosting, if needed.
- Place on the wax paper and put in the refrigerator to set up.
- Now you have an edible wand!
>Crafting Treasure Hunt
The object of this game is to all of the pieces of the recipe to make the item (and then, get the item as a prize). You can use whatever you want for prize. If you don’t have any ideas, take a look at the Wizard101 items on www.zazzle.com. Keychains and stickers make good prizes. Here’s the recipe. Before the party, get the following items:
6 Rubies - you can paint small rocks with red nail polish or paint
6 Emeralds - you can paint small rocks with green paint
3 Stone Blocks - you can find similarly shaped pieces of stone in your yard, or paint normal pieces of stone black
4 Mist Wood - you can use four sticks from your yard
2 Ectoplasm - you can use green silly string or a deflated green balloon
3 Ancient Scrolls - you can roll up paper that is torn or singed at the edges
Print a recipe for each team. Hide the items in your house or yard. Send the children out as a group to find the items. If you have a large group you may need to divide into schools or teams. When the teams return with all of the items, they get to complete the recipe and get the reward.