Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Open Chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2011
So I have a question:
If I have a account over 18+ and I have my account that only has Text Chat. If the account with 18+ buys something on a credit card could I change my account to have Open Chat?

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
TheGreatCivilian on Feb 7, 2017 wrote:
So I have a question:
If I have a account over 18+ and I have my account that only has Text Chat. If the account with 18+ buys something on a credit card could I change my account to have Open Chat?
Absolutely! Simply go to parental controls, enter your masterpassword and you should be able to change your account settings right there. Just the check mark for Open Chat!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main

Nathan GreenEyes 110 First Max

Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying

Nathan GreenEyes 75 Hot in more ways than one (lol)

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
First, be true to yourself. You must be 18+ in real life.
Your account must be 18+
You should have bought something via credit card in the past at least once.

Know that Open chat is no joke.
Use it wisely. It is a a way for older players to communicate more freely with other adults and is not meant for scamming, being rude and all that.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
If I'm not mistaken, BUYING something on a credit card does not give you open chat.

I believe (it's been a long time since I've set mine up), there must be a valid credit card attached to the account. It's sorta like a verification process to prove 18+. Once the credit card is on the account, then there is a box or something you click on to switch from Text Chat to Open Chat.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2011
I think I need to restate my question.
So I have two accounts one has Text Chat but I cannot change it to Open Chat.
(I think that the age I put into my account is smaller that 18+)
I also have another account that is 18+ that I can just turn on Open Chat.
(They are both connected in the My Accounts Menu)
I read on the site that if you confirm the age of the account by buying something on a credit card you could go onto the 18+ account and change the other account so it can have Open Chat.
So my question is if I bought something on the 18+ account could I change my OTHER account so it could have Open Chat?

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
TheGreatCivilian on Feb 9, 2017 wrote:
I think I need to restate my question.
So I have two accounts one has Text Chat but I cannot change it to Open Chat.
(I think that the age I put into my account is smaller that 18+)
I also have another account that is 18+ that I can just turn on Open Chat.
(They are both connected in the My Accounts Menu)
I read on the site that if you confirm the age of the account by buying something on a credit card you could go onto the 18+ account and change the other account so it can have Open Chat.
So my question is if I bought something on the 18+ account could I change my OTHER account so it could have Open Chat?
It depends on that other account. If you put an age under 18, then you must wait for the account's age to reach 18. For example, if you put 15 as the age, then you must wait 3 years FROM THE DATE you made your account to enable Open Chat. If the setting to enable Open Chat is not listed, then you still have to wait. Buying something with a credit card will not make the setting show up if you still have to wait.

If you put the age as 12 or anything lower, then that account will NEVER get Open Chat. It is illegal for Kingsisle to record your age if you are 12 or younger.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2011
Thanks I just wanted to know if I could change to open chat seems like i'm gonna need to wait.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
TheGreatCivilian on Feb 10, 2017 wrote:
Thanks I just wanted to know if I could change to open chat seems like i'm gonna need to wait.
There seems to be a lot of misinformation going around about getting open chat on an account that did not previously have it.

Your best bet in this matter is to contact support and let them help you with this.

Be sure if you contact support, you give only:

USER NAMES ONLY for both accounts and explain to them as plain as possible what it is you wish to do. Your 18+ account will HAVE to be the MASTER account.