Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Graphical Slowdown?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
I am having a bit of trouble. At seemingly random times my client will hit what appears to be a huge amount of graphical lag. I've checked any open programs, any internal system heat issues, and any internet connectivity problems, and none of them seem to be it. Anyone else been experiencing this? Or anyone have any idea what else I should check?

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Vedic wrote:
I am having a bit of trouble. At seemingly random times my client will hit what appears to be a huge amount of graphical lag. I've checked any open programs, any internal system heat issues, and any internet connectivity problems, and none of them seem to be it. Anyone else been experiencing this? Or anyone have any idea what else I should check?

Yes I have also noticed this to where you are running along and everything
seems to strobe or flicker or real fast gitters to discribe what I'm seeing
I'm also seeing in random locations 'Triggers' (in general) not working
like standing at a door (with no X to enter or exit) and you are still standing there have to move back and run up against it with still running moving back and forth sometimes then it finaly 'triggers' and works.
MOBs running right in front of them and nothing happens also for battles
running in to help a friend in a battle and nothing happens , when I'm suppost to be instantly added to it. I have to move around a little while until it 'triggers'.

Sound glitches too. to where, say your in a battle and the casting sound
is not played for one or all of the mobs or wizards, entermitenly animations are skipped as well.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
Well, tonight my lag issues have hit an all-time high. It is to the point now that it has taken me thirty minutes to run from the Yoshihito Temple to the Village of Sorrow, and I still haven't made it inside the city limits yet :/ I don't know what causing this, but it's a real bummer.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Vedic wrote:
Well, tonight my lag issues have hit an all-time high. It is to the point now that it has taken me thirty minutes to run from the Yoshihito Temple to the Village of Sorrow, and I still haven't made it inside the city limits yet :/ I don't know what causing this, but it's a real bummer.

Check and make sure nothing is running in the background.
Check and scan you sytem for spyware adware crapware etc.
and the uasual things , like firewall, modem or graphics card(s)
could be going south.

If none of the above e-mail w101 support maybe they could help
you a bit more.