Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help!!! Game Network Connection Error

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
Hi there, I have been playing Wiz 101 for about a week now, and I decided to purchase the membership I enjoyed the game so much. The game ran flawless on my laptop and I had absolutely no lag or slow spots, until today. I logged out earlier from playing, went and had dinner, and now when I log in any character, i get ingame for about 30 seconds, then the link shows up in yellow, then orange, then red and I go back in time to where ever I was when the game started the network error. I have had no network changes nor have I done anything to change how our internet connects. My computer can do anything else, including playing facebook games and the such, but I can no longer Play Wizard 101 due to this issue. I have double and triple checked router and modem settings, all is a go for Wizard 101 to be on an open port. I run AVG and that is all, and it has never had an issue before. I am using windows XP and I need some help, otherwise I just lost 10 bucks. Anyone have any clue what to do? I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game as well.

Thanks for your time,
Ricky

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
StillwaterPlaya wrote:
Hi there, I have been playing Wiz 101 for about a week now, and I decided to purchase the membership I enjoyed the game so much. The game ran flawless on my laptop and I had absolutely no lag or slow spots, until today. I logged out earlier from playing, went and had dinner, and now when I log in any character, i get ingame for about 30 seconds, then the link shows up in yellow, then orange, then red and I go back in time to where ever I was when the game started the network error. I have had no network changes nor have I done anything to change how our internet connects. My computer can do anything else, including playing facebook games and the such, but I can no longer Play Wizard 101 due to this issue. I have double and triple checked router and modem settings, all is a go for Wizard 101 to be on an open port. I run AVG and that is all, and it has never had an issue before. I am using windows XP and I need some help, otherwise I just lost 10 bucks. Anyone have any clue what to do? I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game as well.

Thanks for your time,
Ricky

For something like this, I think your best bet would be to contact Support@Wizard101.com and explain your problem to them.

I copied this info from one of many posts from Professor Greyrose:

"Please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email."

Hope this helps. :?

Administrator
StillwaterPlaya we show you successfully logged in and played yesterday - are you still encountering issues?

If you are still receiving error messages, we have a wonderful support team standing by to assist you - simply send them an email to support@wizard101.com and include the information that Honeybee313 so kindly posted :)

community@wizard101.com