Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Henchmen Issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
OK, so I've been slaving away trying to get my Balance, Death and Ice grandmasters through Celestia and WinterTusk. MANY, MANY times I have had to use henchmen.

Problem is, the level 60 henchmen use low-level spells (Storm Shark, Phoenix) and do very stupid things - like cast their school blade on someone else, use a wand with their blade, and then use wands whenever they have nothing else to play (really messes with my ability to feint!!!). I have NEVER seen a level 60 henchman use a level 58 spell...like Leviathan, Forest Lord, etc. AND I have never seen a level 60 Life use Rebirth.

What's up with that?

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
They are not the brightest wizards around, that is for sure.
I don't use henchmen often but I accept them for what they are. I suppose if they waited for pips to cast high level spells then people might complain that the wizards don't do enough to help or just pass turns too much.
IMO they do a good job of creating a distraction and absorbing the attacks from the monsters so that is what I usually expect of them.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
They don't use those spells.

As far as I'm concerned, the only useful Henchmen are Life Henchmen, as they keep you and each other healed.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
colagada wrote:
They don't use those spells.

As far as I'm concerned, the only useful Henchmen are Life Henchmen, as they keep you and each other healed.

Yes. And they keep healing, and healing, and healing, even when you don't need it. :(

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
True, Life wizards are the most useful, but when you're balance against balance or death against the EVER-SHIELDING life mobs OR anything facing ice/tower shield mobs, an elemental sure comes in handy.