Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Really frustrating storm minions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
Seems that the storm minions do more to protect themselves than to heal and buff its master or friendlies. I am now shopping for better minions or use sacrifice spells just because the storm minion is useless most of the time, only rarely helping at all. Can they be adjusted to not heal themselves when at full health and target any friendly player instead? Seems just dumb to summon one only to die 2-3 turns later.

Historian
May 01, 2010
silrdarian wrote:
Seems that the storm minions do more to protect themselves than to heal and buff its master or friendlies. I am now shopping for better minions or use sacrifice spells just because the storm minion is useless most of the time, only rarely helping at all. Can they be adjusted to not heal themselves when at full health and target any friendly player instead? Seems just dumb to summon one only to die 2-3 turns later.

storm minion is probably to me, perfect for storm, or is programmed to. you ever noticed he taunts ALLOT that is why he shields a lot, when he taunts the enemies, they go more after him, saving you health. just when you summon him, after you do that, focus on keeping yourself healed until he starts to taunt them (it shouldnt be long because of it is two pips)

Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
But don't you thnk there should be coding to make him cast heal on friends if he is at full health? I mean 3 in a row on himself while I am just trying to get a heal card in my hand... another taunt would be best if this happens.

Historian
May 01, 2010
silrdarian wrote:
But don't you thnk there should be coding to make him cast heal on friends if he is at full health? I mean 3 in a row on himself while I am just trying to get a heal card in my hand... another taunt would be best if this happens.

yes, i admit he can be annoying, but rarely, he heals others, shield others, and very very rarely, spirit armors friends. though, you might want to pack your side deck with some pixies, so if they are refusing to show, you can get one at easy access (i got a huge amount of centaurs in my side deck on my life)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
silrdarian wrote:

If you want a healing minion, get the Sprite Guardian minion treasure card or the Wintertusk equipment that has the card with it. The Sprite Guardian minion casts Sprite, Pixie and Satyr. Does a pretty decent job too.

The Storm minion is designed to absorb damage, that's why it shields itself, heals itself, and has high HP for it's level. I agree, sometimes it spends too much time shielding and healing and not enough taunting. Storm wizards are squishy, so continous beatings are not good. That's why the Storm minion spends so much attention on itself, so the Storm wizard can blade/trap up in the free. By the time the Storm minion is defeated, you should have enough pips to blast all the enemies to defeat.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The Storm Minion is designed to take the heat off of the wizard. It does this by casting Taunt on the enemies, drawing their attacks. Since it's taking the attacks, it needs to protect itself.

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I found the storm minion to be nearly useless. I took it out of my deck. I had much better luck with buying a handful of Minotaur minion cards from the bazaar. He taunts and attacks, tower shields himself, and even occasionaly even casts sprite and tower shield on you. He helped me finally succeed in getting my level 55 and 58 storm spells after several consecutive deaths trying to do it with Storm minions.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
I agree on the Minotaur minion and the sprites for healing. I have repacked my deck and am having much better luck now. Thanks for all the opinions and replies.