Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making Cereal

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Has anyone ever noticed that the Death School Cereal (Raisan Bran play on name) is using Troll Treasure cards and not Ghoul? Why does the game make people buy the treasure cards one at a time? I have noticed that there are several versions on the Bazzar all for less than the Library cost. Why?

Also most of the cereal recipes use the 5th level spell treasure card except ice which uses level one (frost beetle) cards.

Also why an hour and 4 minutes per combine? Even at three slots per wizard and up to six wizards per account that is 18 snacks. The number of snacks to get to epic would be about 180.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The Bazaar is based on supply and demand. They aren't always available. The Library always has as many of a card in stock as the wizard wants to buy.

Anything worthwhile should need to be worked for and/or paid for. It wouldn't be an accomplishment if you could buy one snack and make your pet Epic in a minute or two.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Well I never paid that much attention to the details but I crafted about a hundred Storm, Ice, Balance and Life snacks in the past. They used to be about the best snacks around in the beginning aside from Mega snacks which had to be bought with crowns. There are now many more and better snacks available in the game in Celestia and Wintertusk; and Megas in Waterworks so the incentive to craft them is less.
I used them to train from adult to epic when I had a promising pet. I usually use the garbage variety snacks to train up to adult (level 2 to 4).
The trick I think is to craft them before you need them so you can build up a supply once you need them. Plus you usually have to use some other type of snacks anyway to raise your pet attributes to max; the ones not boosted by the particular cereal snack for that school.
Anyway, by the time you have a few wizards at Legendary it is quite easy to craft them. The cool down time for the snacks is not a big problem if you do it when you logon and then again before you log off, especially if you use multiple wizards to craft them.
ideally Ki should create new recipes for level 7 or 8 snacks so it will be more worthwhile to craft them again.