Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bug! And others issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I think i have a bug in my system and its about the game. Since two weeks ago more or else, every time i try to play Wizard, pass a few minutes and then my computer turn off without warning. And it only happens when i start the game.

Please help!! i wanna play!

I already talked about this in other topic, but: WHERE IS MY HOUSE?.

I expend to much time reaching the money and the quests to get my house and all the staff in it. And after the last update, my house just DISSAPEAR!!!

No fair!!

And. You dont know how much i hate the idea of this quests that you have to defeat lets say 10 trolls, but then you have to kill like 20 to get the quest done. If is 10 ITs Ten, its just so frustrating.

Defender
May 15, 2009
Gopika wrote:
I think i have a bug in my system and its about the game. Since two weeks ago more or else, every time i try to play Wizard, pass a few minutes and then my computer turn off without warning.

It may be a heat problem; the computer will shut itself off to prevent permanent damage caused by overheating. Components generate more heat when being used, such as gaming, versus just sitting there at the desktop, web browsing, etc.

Heat issues are mostly caused by poor airflow. Poor airflow is mostly caused by dust/dirt and/or broken fans. Additionally, poor design (not having enough positive airflow across all major components) can cause heat issues.

Warning: Only do the following if you have knowledge or experience in working with electronics; injury, death, or damage (Electrostatic Discharge) to your computer can result.

Remove the case cover of your computer and inspect for dirt/debris. Use a vacuum cleaner to pull any dirt out of it, followed by reversing the vacuum to blow air out of it. Fans and heatsinks (all the fins) are critical in that they be clean.

If heat isn't the cause of your shutdowns, I would suspect your power supply next. Putting the computer under load (running a game) consumes more power and if the power supply isn't large enough, is of low quality, or is aged/worn, shutdown can occur (the computer will tell the power supply that power is no good by dropping the PG-Power Good signal and the power supply will shut off to protect the components, data, and to prevent fire).

You can search the Internet for basic PC maintenance measures; it isn't difficult at all, but you must know what you are doing; poking around unaware could cause more damage to your computer and to yourself.

Defender
May 06, 2009
If you read this forum, a lot of people are describing their system shutting down after the last patch. I just got back from my parents' where my daughter is staying the week, and she was playing fine before the update, but after the update it will eventually just freeze up and sometimes shut the system down. It's an older system, but I can assure you it isn't an overheating problem, unless the update is suddenly overheating everyone's computers.