Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

In Worlds Without the Sprial Key

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
For several years people have posted about the pros/cons of others in worlds without the proper access,and the many problems they cause when joining combat.While this is certainly not a new issue to mmorpg's,it is a very legitimate one. The problem though is how to implement a solution without incensing some of the populace. Many suggestions have been suggested,but I think a slightly modified version of a popular suggestion would work nicely :

Don't restrict the porter in anyway,but if they are in a world without the proper key,then restrict their ability to join random combats. If someone not of access attempts to join an existing battle,then the person who initiated the combat is given a pop-up to allow or disallow the attempt. By doing this,the ones who wish a lower level to help them,may still do so,and more importantly, the ones who are victims of malicious intent,can restrict that persons ability to join/ruin their battles. It would effectively curtail a problem that permeates the game,while allowing others to use lower help for whatever reason. I believe the majority on both sides would like this solution. It would also give KI an excuse to settle this problem once and for all. I enjoy their game,but I grow tired of their pattern of ignoring problems.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Sadly as content of the game has become more difficult this random porting has become and issue. When game play was more manageable by most it was not an issue, DS and prior for instance.

If we look back in time Celestia was where this issue got the most exposure, mainly because now wizards struggled to complete battles and adding any more into them usually meant defeat.

I do agree that if KI is going to continue to make more difficult content then they should provide a way to stop the unwanted wizards not questing in that world and joining battles.

As the worlds get more difficult and the monsters are stronger it also prolongs these normal mob fights, add in a possible do not collect and you could be there for longer then you care to to complete it.

Altho I have had this happen to me many time while questing in the higher worlds I do take it with a grain of salt but I am not a serious gamer and really don't belong in those worlds either.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I would simply say to put a may join pop up for anyone that has a person trying to enter the circle but wait that wouldnt work either because everyone has the same right to be in a battle.
P they arent ignoring you they just pick whats important and deal with it.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Intrepidatius on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
For several years people have posted about the pros/cons of others in worlds without the proper access,and the many problems they cause when joining combat.While this is certainly not a new issue to mmorpg's,it is a very legitimate one. The problem though is how to implement a solution without incensing some of the populace. Many suggestions have been suggested,but I think a slightly modified version of a popular suggestion would work nicely :

Don't restrict the porter in anyway,but if they are in a world without the proper key,then restrict their ability to join random combats. If someone not of access attempts to join an existing battle,then the person who initiated the combat is given a pop-up to allow or disallow the attempt. By doing this,the ones who wish a lower level to help them,may still do so,and more importantly, the ones who are victims of malicious intent,can restrict that persons ability to join/ruin their battles. It would effectively curtail a problem that permeates the game,while allowing others to use lower help for whatever reason. I believe the majority on both sides would like this solution. It would also give KI an excuse to settle this problem once and for all. I enjoy their game,but I grow tired of their pattern of ignoring problems.
This might actually work but it would still require time and money to do it. And i know i cant foot the bill on that one.
I could see if it was a bug or glitch that needed fixed but not just something that happens in game that is upsetting to some yet liked by others. That seems more like a game preference thing than a problem to me.