Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Newbie Questions: Naughty Pet and Buying a House

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2014
Hi! My twelve year old son loves playing Wizard101. I have a few questions. Perhaps you can help.

My son created 2 pet dogs to follow him around. He claims that they have stopped following him around and that they stay in the house. Can we get the dogs to follow him around again? How can we do this?

Also - We bought enough credits to buy a house but then we never followed through that day. When I log into my account, I see that my son has now used the credits for other purchases instead. Is there a way to block him from using credits without my permission?

Finally, is there a difference between using crowns and using gold to buy things? I am not really playing the game but I would like to know since I am the person paying for it!

Thank you!

DaisyMagicDust

Administrator
Hello,

To have a pet follow you in game, it needs to be in the backpack and equipped. You can tell an item is equipped because its name in the list of pets will be blue.

Parental controls can be used to limit gifting items to other players using crowns, but not to specifically restrict spending to certain items.

Crowns are currency that are purchased with real world money. Gold is currency that you get in game from completing quests or selling in-game items.

Best wishes,

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
DaisyMagicDust on Jan 27, 2015 wrote:
Hi! My twelve year old son loves playing Wizard101. I have a few questions. Perhaps you can help.

My son created 2 pet dogs to follow him around. He claims that they have stopped following him around and that they stay in the house. Can we get the dogs to follow him around again? How can we do this?

Also - We bought enough credits to buy a house but then we never followed through that day. When I log into my account, I see that my son has now used the credits for other purchases instead. Is there a way to block him from using credits without my permission?

Finally, is there a difference between using crowns and using gold to buy things? I am not really playing the game but I would like to know since I am the person paying for it!

Thank you!

DaisyMagicDust
Just a little more detail about equipping the pets...

If the pet is in the house/dorm, your wizard must go to the house/dorm, then,

-Click on the "Place Object" icon in the lower right corner (like you are going to place something in your dorm);
-Click on the pet and more icons appear in the middle of your screen.
-Click on the "pickup" icon. That will put the pet in your Backpack again.

-Press "X" in the lower right corner to close the inventory window.

Then, press "B" to open your Backpack.
-Click on the "Pets" tab at the top of the page.
-Click on the pet that you want to equip. If you "double-click" on the pet, it will automatically equip it to your wizard. If you click only once, then,
-Click on the "fist" icon at the bottom of the page to equip the pet.

When I first started playing Wizard101, I didn't know how to do this either. My 8 year old grandson taught me. When I asked him how he learned it, he said "I just kept clicking on things until it worked." So simple, right? LOL...

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
DaisyMagicDust on Jan 27, 2015 wrote:

Thank you!

DaisyMagicDust
He can buy a variety of houses with in-game gold which doesn't cost you money. Gold can be earned by questing, by selling rewards from quests and items dropped by creatures, from plants he can garden, and from fishing chests.

You can control his crown spending by waiting to buy them for him, or you could make a family account, put yourself on it too, and keep crowns on your wizard. That way you and he can play together, and you could transfer crowns to him, or gift him things when you want.